RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my dealer who i got the bike from ...and they said they didn't perform the recall on my bike and that i should bring it in as soon asap....well i live in LA and the dealer is in Tx...is there anything i can do myself to fix the prob

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I assume you are talking about the tank recall? Take the bike to any Yamaha dealer to have work done. Might want to call and make sure they have the parts in stock since some seem to keep them around and others don't.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
IF your talking about the fuel tank rubber its a matter of installing a new rubber disc & washer. Any Yamaha dealer should do it for you.

The problem seems to be that the rubber compresses to much & the tank is held tightly transmitting vibration to the tank & weakining the spot welds that hold the mounting bracket to the tank.

My tank shook like crazy with the new rubber. I installed the old rubber with a spacer.

Order of assembly, bolt, large metal washer, 5/16 lock washer (this is your spacer) rubber disc, install.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MGrafton

I called my dealer who i got the bike from ...and they said they didn't perform the recall on my bike and that i should bring it in as soon asap....well i live in LA and the dealer is in Tx...is there anything i can do myself to fix the prob

Just go to a dealer in the LA area. Its a 10 min fix.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i got the parts & did it myself. didnt like their fix so i put the old rubber back in & installed two 1/4" washers onto the tank mounting studs & set the tank down on them. works very well

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Had the tank taken care of a year ago the dealers should have the parts.Any dealer should be able to take care of it. Call yamahas 800 number in there catalog if you have problems, customer service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have not heard of any recalls on the warrior till now. I have a 2002 and Yamaha has not sent me a letter or any other notice and my local dealer went out of business. Is the recall for the 2002 or 03? Thanks for any info..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts