RS Warrior Forum banner

About to get me a warrior

2K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  240tall 
#1 ·
I am about to get a 2002 stock warrior, blue all stock and 2000 miles on it for $6600.00 went to look at it today and it looks like brand new. What do you guys think of the price and the year. it has all the recall/warranty work done on it. I am wanting to put an exhaust on it not sure of what one and if I have to do anything else along with the pipe.and this winter I want to put a 260 rear tire on it and some new handle bars. This is my first bike but I dont even have it and alreay have the urge to modify it especially after looking at all the bikes in here. any advice and tips will be greatly appreaciated. thanks
mike

#2 ·
Sound like a fair price to me. I am suprized no mods or upgrades are done to the bike. I got my 02 with about $3k worth of mods and upgrades aready done with 8k miles for $6500 in the off season but this time of year and with the low miles on that bike its a good deal.

#5 ·
Even though they told you it was done, I'd call Yamaha with the VIN and be sure the transmission recall was done before you buy it. If you do a search on here for tranny recall you'll read all about it.

If it has been done, I'd ask about any internal mods that went in when it was getting done (the engine had to be stripped so lots of people got thing like High Compression pistons installed for free labor)

if it hasn't, This can be a good or a bad thing. One one hand, you could get internal upgrades for free while they do the recall work.

On the other hand, if you don't know of a good dealer that has done the Warrior recall before, they can really screw up the job if they aren't a good mechanic.

Either way, seems like a good deal for that low of miles.

#6 ·
Yeah I am going to ride it the rest of this summer with the 200mm tire and this winter I will add the rear tire kit and whatever else I can afford to do. I know it prob been asked a million time but is there a definate number 1 exhaust to get for this bike and is the power commander the same thing as the pcIII. Is there a place online where I can hear different exhausts on a warrior.Where is the best place to buy mods for this bike online.thanks
mike

#7 ·
whynot,
it depends what you're looking for as far as the exhaust goes.
If you want best hp/performance, the 2-1 propipe is king.
If you want sound, there are many options.
Same goes for looks.
I wanted the best I could get of all 3, so I got the
bub jug-huggers (stepped headers), w/no baffles. Only issue I have w/these
is ground clearance in right turns.

Yes, when people speak of the "power commander", they're referring to
the pcIII, and the new ones are actually
pcIII usb.

You can't really hear what different exhausts sound like unless it's in person IMO.
But some of the different sellers sites have audio clips (bubs does).

Depends on what mods you're looking for.

I recommend churchkeys v-bak, or a DIY v-bak
(you'll get like 10 more hp & torque).
Also a pcIIIusb w/custom map (once your engine mods are done.

With the 260 kit, you'll be sacrificing more handling
than you would w/a 240.

#13 ·
Well I signed the loan papers deposited the check and and gave the guy a 100.00 deposite to hold the bike until the check clears so I can give him cash. yeeeeee haaaaaaa am getting excited. I am going to have my first bike.I cant wait to put some pipes on it.I dont like the stock pipe it is friggen HUGE in person wow.

#21 ·
First of all, congradulations on your purchase of the 02 Warrior. I am sorry you had to finance it but that's another issue. It does sound like you found a nice bike at a reasonably fair price. The market is beginning to see a lot of bikes from enlisted men who have deployed, not wanting to continue with their payments, or quite honestly returned never to ride anything again.

If you will contact me I can show you how to save thousands of dollars in interest charges over the term of your loan - for free!

My first high performance motorcycle was a "water-buffalo"... I hoped your experiences are as memorable and as safe as mine were.

Amos

#23 ·
I have a couple of questions. If I have the title signed and notarized can I then get my temp tag or do I have to get it transfered first. question 2 is there a place online I can find the temp motorcycle test to study it for ohio.thanks in advance
mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.