RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I know Im not very hands on, but can you tell me how to access the battery. I remove the seat but cant see any battery and there are tons of wires on the top. I was trying to install the leads that let me use the Datatool Battery Conditioner / Charger so that I can just plug in when the bike is not being used for long periods.

Sorry for being thick but I have no idea how to access the battery as it must be buried somewhere

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
510 Posts
i had the same delima when i tried to access mine for the first time. If your standing on the kickstand side, and take off the seat, look directly under the little spot where your tool bag goes, (where all those wires are). Simply move the ECU out of the way (that black block looking thing with the large wiring harness clipped to it; it has a rubber strap holding it down). Then move the wires out of the way. Now you should see a black plastic peice that all of that sits in, just simply take that off and there she blows.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You need to unplug the ECU (the black box with all the wires coming out of it). The ECU connector has a black tab to release it. Just push in the taband pull the connector out. Be careful and gentel, if you bend or break one of the pins your screwed. Once the ECU is out of the way You'll have to remove a plastic tray that the ECU sits in. Then you'll see the battery.

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
I never unplug the ECU there's plenty of wire to set it aside and remove the battery.Like you say, why risk a bent contact pin.

Scoper50 said:
You need to unplug the ECU (the black box with all the wires coming out of it). The ECU connector has a black tab to release it. Just push in the taband pull the connector out. Be careful and gentel, if you bend or break one of the pins your screwed. Once the ECU is out of the way You'll have to remove a plastic tray that the ECU sits in. Then you'll see the battery.

The Battery lives in item #14 underneath Item #27

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have never unplugged the ECU. Just flip it out of the way. Should be plenty of room to work with. I have removed the battery many many times and never needed to unplug the ECU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts