RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been down to brighton today with the ace cafe an awsom run down but i only saw 2 warriors and one was a trike the other an 05 reg silver,but what i did see there was the new vmax what can i say an awsome bit of kit but it wont temp me away from my warrior but never the less a nice machine

regards steve

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Re: ace cafe reunion

Glad you had a good time. I saw about 100 bikes leaving Cheltenham for the Ace when I was out working this morning.

I was very tempted to go AWOL from work and jump on my bike and join them.

The only concilation I have is that I've just done 12hrs work and it's all "double bubble"

I'll have to make sure I make it to Brighton next year.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

cheers nick,i beleive the bikes your saw in chetenham where the tdmcc and some others from the wednesday bike meets it was a great run but we had fog nearly all the way on m4 couldnt see in front of you a proper pee soup as they say in london but the sun shone in brighton all day and some serious millage was clocked up in all 380miles and plenty of fuel stops boy do those warriors drink fuel and yes thats a deffinate for next year

regards steve

·
Registered
69 Posts

Got a question for you Brits. I have a british exchange officer in my unit here in the states who rides a BMW. He saw my warrior and likes the looks but has never seen one back in England. What does Yamaha sell it as over there? Do they sell it as a Warrior?

Thanks

Grady AKA Pave

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

sorry but no pics as it was mayham round the stand everyone wanting to sit on it,but i see on here that ohiomike has his one now and its in his gallery

and the warrior is sold over here as the same name but just dont see loads over here,we like to think there only for the chosen thew of us special people hehe

regards steve

·
Registered
2,386 Posts

Pave said:
Got a question for you Brits. I have a british exchange officer in my unit here in the states who rides a BMW. He saw my warrior and likes the looks but has never seen one back in England. What does Yamaha sell it as over there? Do they sell it as a Warrior?

Thanks

Grady AKA Pave

Pave, they only sold the Warrior in the UK as an official bike between 2002 and 2003. As the UK is sportsbike mad Yamaha felt that there was not enough call for the Warrior in the UK as well as most of the other Yamaha cruiser line up so they stopped bringing them in. All Warriors bought in the UK after 2003 are imported from the States. Most of the other Yamaha cruisers are also imported from the States or from Europe. It would be nice if Yamaha UK would realise that there is more to bikes than R1s and R6s.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts

#1 for that - we are being told riders are moving away from R1 type machines and moving towards cruisers and the like - part of me would like the Warrior to be recognised as great the bike she is - but i'm with the 'it's mine and you can't have one' vote

I'm off to the Ace this sunday for about 11am so hopefully see someone

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

tomba said:
#1 for that - we are being told riders are moving away from R1 type machines and moving towards cruisers and the like - part of me would like the Warrior to be recognised as great the bike she is - but i'm with the 'it's mine and you can't have one' vote

I'm off to the Ace this sunday for about 11am so hopefully see someone

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! As if Yamaha want the likes of us to get our hands on the good bikes. The US get the XV1700 Warrior and XV1900 Raider. What do we get? They are sending us an XV950!? I just want to know what we ever did to them?

Might see you down the Ace if I can sneak away.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts

hadn't realised until recent post that all new warriors are now US imported by dealers - #1
they just don't understand us and never will [thanks for small mercies] - 'Ace' that will be good - speak soon

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

hi tomba me and nick (warrior uk) will be at the ace for around 11ish so well see you there

steve

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

boys went out this week end with a rocket and a honda 1000 and just have to say that both said that wot a **** of a BIKE T WARRIOR IS made them think !!! rocket nice but only on the motorway ! and the honda well he got a wake up call 2 so made me feel niccceee love her to BITSSSS

·
Registered
5,457 Posts

Frankenstein a long standing RSWarrior member started this site for the VMax....TONS of info there as well as pics and vids.

www.starvmax.com

And just to rub it in a little, I have reservation # 288....my new Vmax should be in around the end of October.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts