RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added pure acetone to their gas to improve the performance and milage? There is alot an the internet about it, anyone have personal experience? Is it safe on the engine?

·
Administrator
30,093 Posts
Acetone costs as much, or more, than gasoline. Plus it doesn't explode quite as nicely and leaves residue behind. The good news is that you get to pull your injectors for a good cleaning - or replacement - afterward and you still get to look forward to the fun of replacing every rubber seal in your fuel path. Cool.

I did a random search andin 30-seconds had this:

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Acetone_as_a_Fuel_Additive

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I think I'd rather build an HO2 bubbler bong then add acetone. And that is something I'm NOT going to do. lol

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Dice said:
I think I'd rather build an HO2 bubbler bong then add acetone.

Well of course you would, he got a whopping 34mpg or whatever it was when he was using his electro-bong! Who wouldn't want THAT??

·
Administrator
30,093 Posts
Let's do both. The e-bong will magically keep the acetone from damaging the rubber seals . . . honest.

Marco Polo said:
Dice said:
Well of course you would, he got a whopping 34mpg or whatever it was when he was using his electro-bong! Who wouldn't want THAT??

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Let's do both. The e-bong will magically keep the acetone from damaging the rubber seals . . . honest.

Marco Polo said:
Dice said:

LMFAO!!! The e-bong

·
Registered
670 Posts
This moron at work added Acetone to his gas tank in his BMW (car) after reading about it on the internet. He ended up blowing a spark plug clear out of the cylinder head. Asif this wasn't enough he still thought it was a good idea to add acetone to the gas tank on his Kawisaki Ninja. I'm not sure what happened in that case. But what I do know, is that ever since he has not ridden the bike to work even once. That leads me to believe it's out of comission. Don't believe everything you read. Acetone is nasty stuff.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apparently this has been going around so much, the show 'Mythbusters" tackled the subject and debunked it. I was just looking for any personal experience, if anyone admitted to it! Thanks for the replies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts