RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is your bike in the lineup? Share yourresults



Horsepower - Stock: 80HP with 104 Ft/Lbs Torque according to Yamaha specs.
Horsepower - Stock: ~78HP with ~100 Ft/Lbs Torque seems to be typical dyno result.
Horsepower - Intake/Exhaust: ~88HP and ~106 Ft/Lbs with BAK, 2-1 Pipe, PC3USB, Dynojet dynotune.
Horsepower - Intake/Exhaust: http://www.5nolans.org/images/Nolan%20Dyno.jpg
Horsepower - Speedstar-IV 10.2:1 Compression: 100~102 HP 120~123 Ft/Lbs Torque typical dyno result.
Horsepower - 108ci 8.3:1 Compression:
Horsepower - 110ci 8.3:1 Compression:
Horsepower - 113ci 8.3:1 Compression:
Horsepower - 122ci 8.3:1 Compression:
Horsepower - 108ci 10.5:1 Compression: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/48743/687538.aspx#687538
Horsepower - 110ci 10.5:1 Compression:
Horsepower - 113ci 10.5:1 Compression:
Horsepower - 122ci 10.5:1 Compression:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear you, it is for suremore complicated. But without getting complicated,cc's seems a good basic specand from that we can see a rangeof HP and TQ results for each member's post because everyone will usually talk about their hard work in enough detail including injectors, cams, lifters, springs and all the other go-fast parts. There's also a lot of 'art' to this science.


mdfdwarrior said:
there are some folks who do the big bore w/ the hc pistons and retain the stock cams, valves, springs, n lifters...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
V&H Big shots, AIS Block Off, Speed* air intake, PC111, before dyno using generic map : 81.14HP and 110.24Ft/lbs torque (running rich)


after dyno: 83.10HP and 106.54Ft/lbs torque. No noticeable power increase but much smoother delivery.


The best run figure during the mapping was 86.44HP and the bike topped out on revs at 125mph


For the purists amongst us, temp was 82.72'F and 30.41 in-Hg atmospheric pressure
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,916 Posts
AZ,
Aren't those stock numbers HP to the crankshaft? Iassume most here will post ot the rear wheel, correct? Last time I checked it was 16 months ago:


2003 RoadStar Warrior
102 cu in
Samson Short Slasher Pipes
Thunder Monster Baffles
Cobra Fi2000 Fuel Module
AIS block off
PR BAK
83 HP to the rear wheel
Didn't get a torque rating


I don;'t have the current numbers but here are the changes I've made:
PC III
V&H Big Radius 2-1 Pipes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,821 Posts
I have OE 108 kit, 10.25 pistons, cams, stock head, Churchkey vBak, Rinehart staggereds, PC111, and got 92Hp and 125ft/lbs at Cheyenne, WY,Yamaha. We now have Sangers cycle here in Ft Collins who are a certfied dyno center and I will get it redone with them afterI get my V and H Big Radius 2-1.






Thank you for doing this AZ, I wanted to start a 'sticky' post on this three years ago with dyno charts too since some people want top end power and others, like me, want usable low and mid. I have 100ft/lbs at 1700 rpm but 'only' 92 Hp. Now people can get a very general idea as to what mods produce what power. The dyno charts would show where the gains are though:}
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point Pep. I don't know which HP numbers Yami publishes, but:


The Yamaha numbers: HP Stock: 80HP with 104 Ft/Lbs Torque according to Yamaha specs.



The forum numbers:HP Stock: ~78HP with ~100 Ft/Lbs Torque seems to be typical member dyno result.



Pep said:
AZ, Aren't those stock numbers HP to the crankshaft? Iassume most here will post ot the rear wheel, correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
Churchkey V-BAK, AIS Block,UN-baffled Sampson Ripsaws- 79 HP and 98 Ft lbs TQ.


I am also running a 260mm. That makes a difference on engine power at the wheel doesn't it? More mass and all?


Gotta love those torque robbing unbaffled pipes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,926 Posts
My understanding of factory HP numbers is that it isnot dynoed with a regular off the production line motor. It is an engineers estimate of that engine design blueprinted. By that I mean, internally it would be perfect. Balanced throughout, throttle bodies sync'd, perfectly smooth intake and exhaust tracs. You get the picture.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,068 Posts
you know what would be great.....if people posting could put there dyno up. I mean the actuall run as some are going for flat out power and other useable torque. I would love to see more then just numbers as that is only half the battle when building any type of engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
fcwarrior said:
I have OE 108 kit, 10.25 pistons, cams, stock head, Churchkey vBak, Rinehart staggereds, PC111, and got 92Hp and 125ft/lbs at Cheyenne, WY,Yamaha. We now have Sangers cycle here in Ft Collins who are a certfied dyno center and I will get it redone with them afterI get my V and H Big Radius 2-1.






Thank you for doing this AZ, I wanted to start a 'sticky' post on this three years ago with dyno charts too since some people want top end power and others, like me, want usable low and mid. I have 100ft/lbs at 1700 rpm but 'only' 92 Hp. Now people can get a very general idea as to what mods produce what power. The dyno charts would show where the gains are though:}

Did i miss something, are they making these already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts




Stock motor and exhaust. stock compression - at the time only 93 was available at the pump on the way to the dyno

PC3 with stock bike map (001) and 20-20-20 accel pump settings and churchkeys vbak CO adjustments unknown

At the time of this dyno the PC3 was not installed..


kylenv said:
you know what would be great.....if people posting could put there dyno up. I mean the actuall run as some are going for flat out power and other useable torque. I would love to see more then just numbers as that is only half the battle when building any type of engine.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top