RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been curious about adapting HD Rims to my warrior. I just wanted some insight on what does this kind of mod entail. Now I’ve searched and have found several posts on the subject. The problem is searching within the past posts, there are links to take you to the info within the forum but they are null. I found several links ArizonaWarrior posted on the subject several years back but when I click on them, it takes me to a page that says “Oops, the page you’re looking for has been removed.” There are other links posted by other users but I was just using Arizona as an example. This is the only reason why I’m asking for info on adapting to HD wheels. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

·
Premium Member
5,624 Posts
You will have to come up with the right bearings for the warrior axle, 20mm i think it is and some wheel spacers. I got my harley rims from RC components and they came with the bearings. I had to make my own wheel spacers but easy to do.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
PM member KeviKoni.
He adapted some HD rims to his warrior
Recently...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
A friend uses a wheel of HD rocker. For a season, his mileage is ridiculous, 1-2 thousand kilometers. But with the wheel bearings he already has many problems. In rocker's wheel there are only 2 bearings, while in the warrior’s wheel there are 5 of them. The simplest belt tightness disables the bearing on the opposite side of wheel. And he cannot supply more bearings - the wheel is hollow, even the hub.

·
Premium Member
8,694 Posts
A friend uses a wheel of HD rocker. For a season, his mileage is ridiculous, 1-2 thousand kilometers. But with the wheel bearings he already has many problems. In rocker's wheel there are only 2 bearings, while in the warrior’s wheel there are 5 of them. The simplest belt tightness disables the bearing on the opposite side of wheel. And he cannot supply more bearings - the wheel is hollow, even the hub.
Sounds like your friend should have a precision hollow spacer machined between the 2-ball brg's so that the inner races are preloaded properly :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Since he adapted the wheel was there a spacer in between the bearings if so why not make the spacer smaller in the wheel and add another bearing if that is the problem. Also was that a sealed bearing?

Edit: You answered a couple of seconds right before me LOL.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Use vrod rims. Find night rod special or muscle. They are 19x3.5 front and 18x8 rear.

These have 2 big bearings + cushion drive and Pulley with bearing. Same kind like warrior wheels. Works perfect.

Plus front wheel is almost bolt on with dual brake discs.

Rear need some work but its not that bad.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sounds like your friend should have a precision hollow spacer machined between the 2-ball brg's so that the inner races are preloaded properly :oops:
Right. At first it was not there and I told him that it was necessary to make it. After he added this element to the wheel, his bearings began to work decently longer. Not like before, when for 10-50 kilometers he carried them to pieces)))

But the fact: pulling the belt strictly according to the manual, the bearings are enough for him for a maximum of one motorcycle season. And in his case it is less than 1 thousand kilometers ...
Since he adapted the wheel was there a spacer in between the bearings if so why not make the spacer smaller in the wheel and add another bearing if that is the problem. Also was that a sealed bearing?
Yes, it was a sealed bearing. And no, adding bearings will not work, the wheel hub is hollow between the bearing seats.

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Maybe machine the hub to accept a larger bearing or 2 bearings. It is just a wheel hub on a motorcycle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts