RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm adding a set of baron's (normal bulb) bullet turn signals. I'm doing it via the fender stays. All the fab work is almost done. Now comes the wiring part. I have 2 questions.

1. The signals come with only one wire, does this mean that the bullet itself is grounded via the fender stay?

2. The previous owner made a mess of the wiring bundle. I have a wiring diagram of my warrior, but it does not tell me which color is what. So what color do I need to splice into for the left and right turn signals? I read from a previous post that the black and blue wires are for the (ex-) license plate mount?

Many thanks,

Xander

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I also found out that the Brown and Green wires are the signals. So I made a quick test and found BROWN = LEFT and GREEN = RIGHT.

The original owner installed the clear taillight/integrated signal kit. As it is now the flasher blinks almost twice a second. Which I liked (grown accostomed to) it appears that now that I have tested/connected the incandescent turn signals the signal rate drops to about 1 blink every .7 to .8 seconds ? In any rate slower. Maybe this is the way it was with the original blinkers installed since they had been completely removed.

Cheers,

Xander

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
those blinkers ground thru the housing and the fast blink rate is due to not enough / no load on the circuit, the slower blink rate is normal, the way the system was designed. cant help you with the wire colors but a simple test light will identify which wires your looking for

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm,

I seem to have installed everything correctly, running lights at the back work, brake lights in the back work and the new turn signals work. But the LED intergrated yellow turn signals stopped working. I spliced the wires midway in the wiring loom, then took two wires down the sides to the lights. Does it have something to do with the way the bullets are ground or that they are of a different resistance to the LED's downstream? If so, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Xander

1 - 5 of 5 Posts