RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a very easy stuff for you guys but help. I just got my '08 back today from being repaired The only issue nowis the idle speed is too fast. I would really like to make the adjustment myself rather taking the bike back to the shop. So I am asking for a "walk thru" of how to adjust the idle speed. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Pop off the seat and right up front near the gas tank their should be a small brass/silver colored knob, that is the idle speed adjust. Fire up the bike and turn the knob, and you can adjust the idle up and down. You'll get various opinions on the site, but idle should be set somewhere between 950 and 1050,

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
i believe that it is strongly recommended that you adjust the idle AFTER the motor has warmed up. if you don't you will end up adjusting too low, because the motor will be in fast idle warm up mode.

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
Bug is right.

As for idle speed, we don't know where you live so we can't recommend a good idle speed. In colder climates it seems good to be at the top of the idle range, which is 850~950rpm warm. In Oregon mine bounces around ~950. In Arizona I center it around ~900.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts