RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an adjustable lowering link on ebay, it’s from Baron’s. This may have been a mistake as I know Ram396 (forum member) also makes theses and I have heard of any issues. Anyway as I was installing it (I removed the swing arm and shock & linkage assembly and had it on the work bench) I noticed that the links or shock could float left and right as there are no spacers on the sleeves for the bolts at the shock to frame (forward) or at the pivot link (rear). The stock arms have a bushed spacer at the forward end that secures the shock and a big enough flange at the rear to limit side to side movement.
Has anyone else noticed this or is this set missing parts?
I added washers at the pivot end that allow the rod end bearing of the adjustable link to contact the bolt sleeve but limit it’s side to side play. I also made two spacers for between the shock (front) and the front rod end bearings on the adjustable links to prevent the shock from possibly floating side to side on the bolt sleeve. It seemed to me the shock or linkage could move otherwise and possibly contact each other.

Sorry I didn’t take any pictures when I had it apart, I may remove the assembly again as I am waiting for my wheel from Kosman’s and will have to clearance the swing arm for the 240. I will take pictures then.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just put on a kit from La Choppers, now merged into Barons i think, and it came with new bolts and spacers so mine doesn't have the ability to float. Sounds like the kit you got was incomplete.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
swany1214 said:
I just put on a kit from La Choppers, now merged into Barons i think, and it came with new bolts and spacers so mine doesn't have the ability to float. Sounds like the kit you got was incomplete.
Mine came with 1 bolt and locknut to replace the rear bolt( which would be to short because of the width of the rod end bearings). And 1 sleeve (to replace the stock sleeve in the front shock mount which would be too long because of the width of the rod end bearings).

Are you saying that youhad more pieces (besides of course the lowering links themselves)?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welli guess that i got pretty much the same, but with everytihing in place we didn't have any lateral movement anywhere.

STEPS FROM INSTRUCTIONS WE FOLLOWED:7.
Re-assemble the lowering arms to the top of the shock (#7) using the supplied collar, nut, and bolt. The stock collar (#6), the one in the eyelet at the top of the shock (#7), will need to be removed as it is
too long. (This is because the heims are thicker than the stock arms) Do not
tighten the nut, or re-install into the frame yet.

·
Super Moderator
5,777 Posts
As far as I know, all adjustable lowering links are floaters as you call it. It does't hurt a thing. Ive had 2 sets and both of them were like that. You wont have any problems.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reddog said:
As far as I know, all adjustable lowering links are floaters as you call it. It does't hurt a thing. Ive had 2 sets and both of them were like that. You wont have any problems.
You may be right but Yamaha saw fit to secure the links and shock from excessivefloating. Maybe on a more extreme application like off-road suspension it would be more of an issue, I still like my fix because the package is more secure and less chance for wear.But thats just for my piece of mind.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts