RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Brad Roller from Cyclecraft Engineering. I was hopeing to get some feedback on a future part we here at Cyclecraft are looking at designing. We had a customer call from Oaklahoma telling us how he was in an accident, and crashed up the front end really bad. Well he had ordered all the OEM parts from Yamaha, and he was told that they are on back order for a year!! He then came to us to see if we would make an aftermarket dash for the Warrior. We since, had started the design process. My question for the Warrior owners is, "how many riders out there would like an aftermarket dash setup with analog Speedo and Tach, all made out of Aircraft quality 6061 Billet aluminum either polished or chromed?" Please feel free to post response here [edit][/edit]

Thank you for taking time to read this, and we look forward to hearing from you!

·
Registered
376 Posts
It sound good, but I would want to see a concept sketch or prototype before giving it a thumbs up. The tach setup on the stock warrior is already pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Yeah, the original tacho on Warrior is waay cooler than most of the super sport cars available at over 70 grands!! Some pics would be nice though. . u never know.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ditto on the design/concept. Would be interesting to see if you could replicate all the functions too (codes, fuel light, engine light, etc.)

While you're at it, are there plans for changing to other possible headlight configurations/appearances?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I would like to see more. I know OE or PR is able to raise the RPM of the bike at the cost of losing the factory tach. This setup sounds like a good fix for that.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I agree with everyone else. The stock set up is pretty cool as is. However, I would rule out ANYTHING Custom. I would definately like to see a sketch, pics or anything you got.

Me recommendation would be nothing big and ugly like what you would see on a typical Harley but more of a "Euro" look (if that makes since).

·
Registered
61 Posts
As long as the looks and price are in line count me in. You might want to post some concept drawings here on the site. I bet if you ask they will set up a vote thing for you to see which drawing(s) ar ethe most popular. As far as I know you will be the first after market dash provider.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Yes! I'd like to get the tach off the headlight, maybe onto the riser clamp.
1)it would be closer to me so I can see it. 2) allow for different lighting options.

·
Registered
244 Posts
THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!! That Being said, yes I would be intereste, but I'd have to see some sort of design first.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts