RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what problems anyone was having with any of their aftermarket exhaust systems. I would like to hear all problems people have incountered, but i am really concerned with some of them contacting the pavement in turns. Please help me out with this issue. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Venom,

Very good question here and I'm kinda of after the same information. If you are looking at pipes with questions about contacting pavement in the turns, be sure you look for pipes that are above the frame. My friends have the Speed* and V&H Big Shots and are really aggressive drivers with no problems. You can probably throw the V&H Pro Pipe and some Samson products into the above mix. The later is precisely what I'm looking into.

I think the Big Shots are loud enough for me, but love the look of the Samson Rip Saws. I'm probably leaning towards the Pro Pipe now, but the Rip Saws sure look good!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the V&H big shots and don't have a problem with them hitting the pavement when I get out and ride hard. They sound great and really piss the neighbors off when I get home from work at the crack of early in the AM.

Grady AKA Pave

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Exhaust options are extensive. Are you looking for power, sound, looks, clearence, orall of the above?

It seems like some guys scrape the Big Shots. I guess every pipe could be scrapped depending on how hard you ride, one guy recently posted about hitting the stock headers. He was dodging some on comming traffic but he says he did it non-the-less.

I have ridden my Warrior pretty darn hard and I have never hit my exhaust. I only weigh 150 though, I dont lower my Warrior much when i am on it. If you put air ride or one of the Lowering Links on your Warrior, your pipe selection will be less I imagine.

Just some things to consider....

·
Registered
370 Posts
I can see how you could scrape a stock one. I scrape mine all the time, but still can't get to the outer edge of my 210 Metzler. I'm not lowered either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts