RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying new set of pipes for my Warrior pretty soon. Leaning towards Vance and Hines' Bigshots, but havent made up my mind yet. I've seen just about every set of pipes avialable for the Warrior in the gallery, so what I was hoping to find out if any of the pipes available affect the cornering ability. The Ground Pounders look like the only set that might scrape the ground during a turn, but since I'm not sure I was hoping some of you guys might be able to help me out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the Street Sweepers, very similar to the Ground Pounders, and have yet to have a problem with scraping.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am running chambermaids and like to corner hard too. Unfortunatly I have scraped a few time but not enough to want to change. They sound too good!

·
Registered
286 Posts
You should take one for the cause and buy the new reinharts, but only if you get them dynoed[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] so we can all find out if the hype is true.

If no one does this, then I am definately sold by Vance N Hines Big Shots.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I had chambermaids and wow, you really have to cornor hard to scrape. I never scraped. The V&H are nice but only if you can deal with the noise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have the samson shogun ground pounders on my bike. i always hit my footpegs first, i have never made contact with the pipes yet and i am slowly starting to wear the "chicken strips" from the tires. as a side note, add the samson 10" baffles, otherwise pipes are very loud. (not for me but my neighbors /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just got the V&H bigshots installed yesterday and LOVE them.. Yes they are loud, but I like loud!! Look and sound much better then the stock exhaust, then again, ANYTHING would look better then the stock exhaust..IMHO

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
V&H bigshots and HardKrome xcellerators and kickers are probably the only pipes which will not reduce lean angle. I have read many threads from members and others indicate exhaust frequently meets the road. Won't be able to fully test my bigshots until some sand washes away, but so far no touchdowns.... just my .02.... Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Didn't I read somewhere that the stock pipe will touch down also? I have only ever scraped the footpegs on any of my bikes.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Stay away from the Excellerators they WILL touch down. The stock pipe will only hit of you lay the bike down. You'll hit the foot peg mounts before scraping any part of the stock pipe, including the trash can. Period!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I believe BUB's is working together with Rinehart. Go to their web site.
http://www.bubent.com/
They have some info on Rinehart on their web page.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ajmartineau

Didn't I read somewhere that the stock pipe will touch down also? I have only ever scraped the footpegs on any of my bikes.

I think the hadnlebars will touch down before the stock can does.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Sangathor that's exactly what I was trying to express. thanks! Any one here want a Propipe 320.00 shipped in the lower 48???**** near new condition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I am slightly interested in these Rineharts now. They look like they would ruin the cornering on that side but the power gains sound tempting (especially since I plan on racing my Warrior). As far as price goes, I work for a Yamaha dealer so I can get a discount so that helps. But my question to you guys now is if anybody has more info on these things. Something you heard, read in a magazine, whatever. Just something other than what you read in the ads or on the bub site. Even thought I can get a discount its not worth it if all this is hype. Thanks again.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone has jumped yet but I'll have the extra cash next week and I'm going to order the Rineharts. I have not purchased a PCIII yet, I figured it they may change it by the time it warms enough to ride so why spend the cash now. I just want the pipes!
The only Dyno that I've found close is a HD dealer and I'm not sure if they will run my bike(afraid my Warrior might break the thing. LOL). Anyway, my plans are to add the Rineharts, next the PCIII, then some type of air kit. If I can work something out with the HD guy or find someone else with a dyno, I will provide numbers for each mod. Of coarse if I do this it will eliminate all of the trash on the Rineharts so I may just keep the info to myself! LOL
I will keep you posted!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I checked out the Bub/Rineharts at their site, they look good & listed at a reasonable price ($300.) I am going to the international M/C show in Detroit this weekend, hope to look at check out all the exhaust system vendors there. RED DEVIL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts