RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello warriors; How can I measure the air & fuel ratio of my bike, the only problem I have 2 into 2 exhaust ( samsom ).

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by arided

hello warriors; How can I measure the air & fuel ratio of my bike, the only problem I have 2 into 2 exhaust ( samsom ).

By installing an a/f sensor in each exhaust with a monitor for each or one with a switch to change.

Or any one with a Dyno will put a sniffer at the rear of the exhaust (one first then the other)and you adjust with ECU at iddle or any other device (PCIII etc.)for all the ranges.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've wondered about this too Arided. On a car you can get an A/F gauge that hooks up to the O2 sensor, but on the Warrior there is no O2 sensor I'm aware of. I'd like to be able to measure A/F on my own, not have to go to the dyno. I'd think it would be more real world relevant anyway. That is, monitoring you're A/F while actually on the road, not in a room.

Mikey

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I use to have the K&N sensor an monitor with my Warrior mounted on a Propipe. Now I have the sensor and monitor of the wideband commander.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just did a search to see those gauges you mentioned Penzoil. So I guess you can get a gauge for it. Did you drill into your pipes for the O2 sensor? I'd like a temporary way if possible without drilling my pipes. Do a mod or two, take a ride, adjust as necessary, remove the gauge, and that's it.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Yes you drill the pipes and weld on an O2 sensor. Any Autometer AF gauge will work. If you want even better, more precise readouts you mght consider the Dynoject Wideband Commander.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by giovani13

I'd like a temporary way if possible without drilling my pipes. Do a mod or two, take a ride, adjust as necessary, remove the gauge, and that's it.

NO.
Without drilling, use a dyno shop.
Here you need to inspect your vehicle before pay annual rights. They use the sniffer for emisions. Don't know if that read percentage of a/f or not but before I get there I adjust the PC111 (or ECU)on the lean side and pass without doubt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts