RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I thought everyone could view the pics.
deleted.................................................wj

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
you have to be a member of webshots. i allready am. it is a free membership..

thanks for the pics

·
Registered
5 Posts
At risk of sounding stupid, I have a few questions...

1) What does BAK stand for. I know of RAK (Ram Air Kit) but everyone is mentioning installing BAK. What is it?

2) I know what ram-air is and how it works but everyone seems to have the same kit installed on the right side of the bike. Who makes it and have any installation instructions been posted?

3) Is PCIII worth it?

Thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
1. Big Air Kit. It gets rid of the big air boxes on the rside of the bike and under the tank (looks better) and allowes more air to get in = more hp.

2. No one makes one yet it is part of the upgrade kit from yamaha, but not sold seprate so people are just making there own.

3. Yes, Stock it will make the throttle smoother. If you change the exhast you will need it anyhow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks programmer,

A couple more follow-up question(s):

So when I see bikes with a velocity stack, that's not ram-air or is it? Are they just getting rid of the big air box and replacing it with a strait pipe and a micro filter? How difficult are they to install?

Thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
A velocity stack isn't ram-air. Ram-air has the stack facing the front of the bike where air is ram into it as you ride. See Darkstars bike in the gallery. The velocity stack does draw some air from the side if you duct it up to the filters. Otherwise a lot of them are for show and don't do a thing. Most of the guys that have put either ram-air or velocity stacks on have replaced the stock air box and put K&N filters directly on the throttle bodies.
The process is fairly simple if your handy. Some fabrication and drilling is required to make a plate that holds the sensors that come out of the stock air box. If you can handle making the plate, the rest is very easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts