RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing a complete AIS block-off and removal in the future but I don't want to get into it right now. Is it possible to simply block off the two ports and NOT remove anything at all (unit, hoses, other connections)? All I want to do at present is to eliminate or reduce the dreaded deacceleration POP--POP.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,710 Posts
I will be doing a complete AIS block-off and removal in the future but I don't want to get into it right now. Is it possible to simply block off the two ports and NOT remove anything at all (unit, hoses, other connections)? All I want to do at present is to eliminate or reduce the dreaded deacceleration POP--POP.
Honestly, if you're going to go through that, then do the whole thing. 1. It'll make what you are wanting to do easier by the removal of the additional equipment. 2. You won't have to deal with it again.

Are you having decel popping right now? What mods are you running? Fuel tuner?

·
Premium Member
'04' Warrior - Super Fine Metallic Black
9,351 Posts
@Monster Mike ... Simply put, YES!
I would also suggest capping the 5/32" vacuum barb on the rear intake manifold to the AIS and plugging the AIS Intake connection on the LH side of the Factory air box :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Monster Mike ... Simply put, YES!
I would also suggest capping the 5/32" vacuum barb on the rear intake manifold to the AIS and plugging the AIS Intake connection on the LH side of the Factory air box :)
Thanks---that's exactly what I needed to hear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ivan's Performance Products ECU flash ===eliminates decel pop FACT!
Thanks YAMAHAULER2. I've already shipped it to Ivan. The bike actually ran better with the stock vacuum cleaner exhaust then it did after I installed the PCS Roadster exhaust. Nothing real bad--just more popping and abrupt on-throttle/off-throttle that I didn't notice before I closed off the lower intake port and installed the new exhaust. Since then I created a filter for the lower intake which should flow about the same amount of air as the original side air box/filter. The machine is very ridable as is but I'm expecting that Ivan's flash with take care of these issues.

·
Premium Member
'04' Warrior - Super Fine Metallic Black
9,351 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts