RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $20 for that AIS blockoff kit a little steep? Add in $9 for shipping... Seems like it would be easy enough to fab up the little block-off plates and to pick up the little plug and cap at a hardware store or car parts store... Do most people just fab up their own "kit" for this? Like I'm gonna do... [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Some do, some don't. If you have access to the tools needed to make then plates, there is you answer. If you don't, the 29 bucks all in is the answer.

18.95 from Phat.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
have know people that have just cut off the tubes from the olds ones and put bullet casings over them. Looked good. I paid $14 for mine, and ordered some other stuff, so the shipping was free. But that was over 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I'm cheap, did my own. Cost way less and I had it done much faster cuz I didn't have to wait on shipping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can someone post a link to what the AIS removal is, what does AIS stand for? Some mods were performed to my bike from the previous owner and I'm trying to find out what has and has not been done. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I would fab my own.. now that I have done it. I wasn't sure what was involved at the time.

I bought more than 1 kit when I placed my order.. just to soften the shipping costs. I sold the extra kits to members here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I also made my ais blockoff plates out of metal shims. Just trace and mark the holes from the ais elbows removed from engine. Then cut and grind to size, Drill the holes and install. Thanks Redhorse.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
quote:Originally posted by REDHORSE

I would fab my own.. now that I have done it. I wasn't sure what was involved at the time.

I bought more than 1 kit when I placed my order.. just to soften the shipping costs. I sold the extra kits to members here.

When I did mine I used plates that Churchkey had supplied and then followed Redhorse's instructions on his website to the letter. Great help, and a big thanks to both of you.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
You'll pay less to make your own then it will cost to ship it to you. If you don't have any around, get a peice of 1/8" aluminum from a hardware store, take off your AIS and use the flanges on it as templates. Then, reuse the aluminum gaskets that are on the flanges on your new block off plates and bolt them on. Then just cap off the hoses you take loose and you're pretty much done (unless you haven't done a BAK, then you'll have to cap off the airbox). Use Redhorses site for instructions- his are great and very detailed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you red Horse for your website diagrams. they are the best. i spen three hours yesterday trying to install AIS removal kit. I just saw step by step instructions on your site and i'm sure it will go real smooth from here on. I have PR Racing AIR Kit - so i guess i dont have to use the plug that came in the kit?
THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I bought mine from Churchkey, had to pay to have the little buggers shaped BUT followed the excellent instructions of your website to do the rest - spot on mate. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
113 Posts
think i paid 22.00 out the door,from local bike shop...worth it for me...30 min drive time and 20-30 min to do it...still faster(for me) than trying to fab something my self...and at least it worked when i was done.. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts