RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you guys have suggested AIS block off for my bike. Forgive me, I don't know what that is.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Have a read of my post on here about it then have a look at Redhorses site, the link to it is in my post:

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44160

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
quote:Originally posted by anodari

waste of time and money

Depends on what you want out of the bike. I wanted a right side clean up so not only removed AIS, but also bracket that holds the plastic air scoop and dry break in place. You can check my gallery for how the bike looks naked on that side. Others keep the bracket and mount an emblem there instead.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts

waste of time and money

Mine was free. I just made a couple plates out of some scrap aluminum I had in the garage. And I was bored anyway, so it gave me something to do for an hour.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
quote:Originally posted by fierysport

waste of time and money

Depends on what you want out of the bike. I wanted a right side clean up so not only removed AIS, but also bracket that holds the plastic air scoop and dry break in place. You can check my gallery for how the bike looks naked on that side. Others keep the bracket and mount an emblem there instead.

HHHHmmm should that not be LEFT side ???[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Administrator
28,782 Posts
Removing the AIS is cheap and does reduce aftermarket exhaust backfire in conjunction with a PC3USB and a good dynotune, but it seems many of us (myself included) leave the left side scoop on the bike because it does help keep the rear cylinder fins cooler. Besides it looks cool. I wish they would make that same part for the right side filter, but they don't so I bought the speedstar intake scoop which doesn't look as nasty. The reason for the left side scoop is the motor is so big and tightly packed that the front cylinder blocks the rear cylinder cooling fins somewhat. Yami solved it with that scoop. Its not a winter problem of course!

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

waste of time and money

Mine was free. I just made a couple plates out of some scrap aluminum I had in the garage. And I was bored anyway, so it gave me something to do for an hour.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Same here.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

I don't know...[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] I would say "yes" but then some guys describe the bike as looking from the front so they call it the "right side". The side with the **** scoop anyways![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
quote:Originally posted by fierysport

I don't know...[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] I would say "yes" but then some guys describe the bike as looking from the front so they call it the "right side". The side with the **** scoop anyways![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Oh yeah it's like the thing that the water whirls out the toilet in an other direction than on this side of the earth...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Maybee i am wrong could verry well be Hmmmm???
Okay brothers if we say left or right how do we look towards the bike ???

·
Registered
516 Posts
Air Induction System. It induces unused gas back in the exhaust chamber. It is essentially a smog device. It doesn't take long to remove and block off, but it does nothing for performance other than taking a bunch of smog crap off your left side. Some say it clears up backfiring. I have not found that to be true. Its nice if you want to tackle something to become more familiar with your bike. I would do it if you are going to do a Big Air Kit.
Have fun!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts