RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the AIS mod, but left the whole bracket assembley there b/c there's still a peice connected that I can't identify. In the service manual it is only referenced as the "Fuel Hose Joint" and "Fuel Hose". I don't know what the thing in the middle of those two joints are. I know the main dry-break from the gas tank is connected to the bracket - this isn't that. It's a smaller hose - one side looks like it is connected some how to the fuel injection stuff....the other side disappears behind the left side cover - i don't have one of those gay torx safety thingy's to get the cover off. I'd like to know if i can remove the thing in the middle of the hose joints
and if i do, must I plug the hoses? Any help?

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Do not remove it. It is the fuel pressure regulator. The hose that disappears behind the left side cover that the gay torx thingy holds on is the fuel return line to the under seat fuel tank.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aaaahhhhhh....ok i feel stupid. I'm not a mechanic, but I should have been able to figure that out!
. Ok, next question...what do i do with it (that's a loaded question, huh? Good thing there aren't any smart A$$'s in this 4M)? After removing all the AIS stuff, where can I put the fuel regulator so i can remove the ugly bracket?

·
Registered
719 Posts
It takes a little finess. You can hide it behind the mount. Just behind the throttle. The black hose connected to the front of the regulator, will snake behind the mount. Then reconect the reg. and tie it up to the frame, just above the rear valve cover. The hose from the back of the reg. is low press. so you can cut and shorten to your needs. When you tie up the reg. make shure the throttle wont rub it, or the hose. I have only done this on a couple of bikes, so I don't have any pics. Good luck...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much...pretty simple solution to something that i have fretted about for the last several weeks!Did you just use wire ties to secure the regulator?

·
Administrator
29,665 Posts
Its bestthe fuel return line stays lower than the bottom of the tank so it drains properly toward the under-seat tank, or you might get trapped air bubbles. Do a search, or look in Popular Mods under FPR there are some links to posts about how-and-why that will save you from making the same mistakes. The FPR mount can be higher, its the vent line we're talking about. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Scott Dailey said:
Thanks very much...pretty simple solution to something that i have fretted about for the last several weeks!Did you just use wire ties to secure the regulator?
Yes wire ties are what I used. Don't over tighten them. You don't want to cause a pressure build up in that line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts