RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered my ais block off kit yesterday. i'm expecting to have it in tomorrow possibly. i'm starting to get more popping and backfiring when i deccelerate and also when i clutch to upshift it will pop. i pulled the plugs today and took a peek at how the fuel is burning. lean lean lean!
i'm going to do the ecu bump and see how that does, if i'm not happy with the results i guess i'm just gonna have to break down and get the pciii, which i should probably do anyway.

STILL waiting on my risers to come in, **** i'm ready to get my bars and grips on there. it's killin me to see them just sitting there laughin at me! i plan on posting pics of the ais install. i checked out redhorse's site and there seems to be a **** good write up on how to do it but no pics, with ie or firefox, so i dunno. i'm anxious to see the results from the ecu bump and ais removal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
my 06 (just got a month ago) does same thing?? Really doesn't bother me but was wondering about it maybe running lean?? It has V&H big shots but everything else is stock. Pulled the plug and it is to rich not to lean. I'm putting in some K&N air filters and maybe that will lean it down a little. Got a Cobra adjustment but not a clue how to do anything with it. Good luck keep us updated

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i got my ais blockoff kit today and got it on the bike. i haven't really had a chance to ride and see if it stops all the popping. i took it for a quick spin after the ais removal just to make sure everything was still in proper workin order. there was still some popping but i think that is from running lean, i still haven't done the ecu bump. the kit was easy to install and only took about 45 minutes, if that. still no risers for my bars! [:'(]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok the ais blockoff kit made a HUGE improvement! i did quite a bit of driving around town today and it hardly popped or backfired at all. it still does it, but nowhere near as often as it did before. i didn't hear it do it at all when i shift and it's minimal when decellerating, i'm thrilled with it.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Does the AIS kit come out with new installation instructions?

Barons contacted me long ago and I gave them permission to use my instructions & images from my website.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
The AIS was one of the early mods i did shortly after installing new V&H pipes and bumping up the ECU several points.

In my particular case the exhaust popping remained unchanged. Nonetheless, this mod is a prerequisite to the VBAK and it really cleans up the left side of the bike.

Here's a copy of the Baron AIS kit instructions from an old post of mine: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/22829/345121.aspx#345121

The Baron AIS Kit instructions show reusing the gaskets! Line 9, using stock washers are the gaskets

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I gave them the OK to use the text & pics from my AIS instructions free and clear ~ June 2007. So, I expected them to at least to update their instructions.

They offered some Baron credit, but I didn't take them on the offer.

They couldn't provide a link or print the URL of my mod site on their instructions, they don't "promote" other sites.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my kit isn't a barons kit but those are the exact instructions that came with it. minus the pictures. either way it was fairly easy and straight to the point with the instructions included.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Thank you RedHorse, I did AIS yesterday, and due to RedHorses web site, the removal went smooth, and only took about 45 mins. Bike runs smoother, less popping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts