RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides possibly reducing backfiring, what do you get when you remove the AIS? Does the bike run any better, stronger, etc?

thx
"Still Learning about my new 02."

·
Registered
338 Posts
It runs that much better from losing 5 pounds of shiite! [8D] Other than that, no difference other than what you stated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I remove the AIS and notice a reduction of backfiring, not much but is good for me.
wait i like the backfiring when i run into neighborhood. a litle is not to bad!!!!!

Keep Runnig...

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
It is a good first mod to do. For me that was its greatest benefit, got me over the fear of changing bits and pieces.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why remove the Air Induction System?? On v-twins the rear cylinder runs hotter than the front; the Yamaha AIS is directing air to the rear cyclinder for additonal cooling.....not sure why we would want to remove this piece....am I missing something here??

thanks

coot-on-scoot

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by waimea55

Why remove the Air Induction System?? On v-twins the rear cylinder runs hotter than the front; the Yamaha AIS is directing air to the rear cyclinder for additonal cooling.....not sure why we would want to remove this piece....am I missing something here??

thanks

coot-on-scoot

It's actually injecting air into the exhaust to burn any unburnt fuel. It only helps in emissions, and really does nothing for cooling. If fact all the junk cluttering up the motor probably keeps it running hotter than without it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
quote:Originally posted by waimea55

thanks

coot-on-scoot

AIS is the emissions.. nothing to do with cooling

·
Registered
89 Posts
my bad..I stand corrected...although the cowling that covers the AIS does double duty by directing air to the rear cylinder according to an article in Motorcyclist way back when. I'm old, I confuse easily, now where did I put my teeth???

thanks for the education, folks
coot-on-scoot

·
Registered
1 Posts
check out youtube bryan mcmeekin has a channel and has awesome video to follow step by step haven't posted so cut leave link sorry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts