RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I went through and removed my AIS pump. When I was re installing everything I noticed that there was one small steel line off the fuel transfer there on that same bracket that didn't have a hose on it. I looked and looked for a hose to put on it but didn't find one. I ended up putting a plug over it and went about my business. The bike seems to be running fine but I am curious about this small hose. This is the one that kinda points at the engine. Please let me know if this is not supposed to be covered since I have it covered. Thanks in advance.

Zach

·
Super Moderator
5,777 Posts
I think that is your fuel pressure regulator,and does not get plugged.

·
Registered
429 Posts
fj55pig said:
Hey I went through and removed my AIS pump. When I was re installing everything I noticed that there was one small steel line off the fuel transfer there on that same bracket that didn't have a hose on it. I looked and looked for a hose to put on it but didn't find one. I ended up putting a plug over it and went about my business. The bike seems to be running fine but I am curious about this small hose. This is the one that kinda points at the engine. Please let me know if this is not supposed to be covered since I have it covered. Thanks in advance.

Zach

I just went over this with norcalwarrior after AIS removal.Some how the directions are unclear. U are talking about the fuel pressure regulator. it goes to the rear cylinder throttle body.U should see 2 vacuum ports.Should go on the smaller of the 2.The bike runs fine with the regulator having no signalbut what the hay why not use it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bossman2677. those are some good shots there on that link. I did all this correct but on the back of where the fuel quick connect is there is a little what looks like it could possibly be a fuel filter on the back of the bracket there is one small steel hose nipple coming off on the engine side. This wasn't mentioned in the picture show and there's nothing that will connect to this was curious if it was supposed to be uncovered. Doesn't look like something that is supposed to be uncovered. ? I'll talke a picture or two tonight if no one is able to answer before that. Thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
fj55, I am sure this is a dumb question but did you take anything off of this connection? I am sure one of the experts is going to set you straight on this but if you didn't take anything off of it then I wouldn't put anything on it. I just did the AIS block off and did not see this connection you are talking about. I will check it out when I get home.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't intentionally take anything off of this but it's possible that I did it on accident. But I wasn't able to find anything that I did on accident. I guess I'll have to take a picture of it tonight. Just looked like something would leak from this if I left it uncovered.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
If you are talking about the nipple on the fuel pressure regulator, then it is supposed to be open to the air. The nipple on the throtle body is capped.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys thanks. I took the plug off the fuel pressure regulator bike runs about the same from what I can tell. Go figure. The nipple on the throttle body I just plugged that one on the metal connection on the bracket where the AIS was mounted. I'll leave that till I take the tank off again for the V-bak. Until then it will remain the this way. Thanks again.

Zach

1 - 10 of 10 Posts