RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question? is there a sugnificant difference in removing the AIS or draw back? I have read all the posts about it and hear that it helps MPG a bit and stops backfireing but i dont have any backfiring yet. I might when i get new pipes and attempt a BAK system. I do think it looks cool with it off though.

·
Registered
756 Posts
The main 2 reasons for dumping the AIS...Air Induction System...is to stop any popping after installing aftermarket pipes...and cosmetic.

No drawbacks.

Wether it helps gas milage or not...i doubt it. I didn't notice any diff in milage after removing it on my last 4 bikes. 99 Road Star, 01 1500 Drifter, 02 1500 Mean Streak and now the Warrior.

Your stock exhaust muffles the little backfires that the AIS causes.

What cause the backfires is:

The AIS air pump shoots a blast of fresh air into the exhaust on decel...and that shot of fresh air burns off any unburnt gas that was not burnt inside the combustion chamber. That is what causes the small 'explosions', 'backfires', or 'popping' whatever one wants to call them.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
what i would like to know is does it hurt anything if you have a "non-stock" pipe..

the big blue flame that comes out my pipe at night gets some attention! LOL

·
Registered
756 Posts
More than likely the only thing it would hurt...is the person standing behind the 'non-stock' pipe!!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
another question? do you have to or should you run the pcIII before you do the AIS removal? or doesn't it matter?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Lionheartleo

Redbull,

Your bike shoots flame????

Am I not the only one who think that's awesome!

Gawd would that be fun!!!

well when i was farting around with the baffel and i was reving it, it would back fire and my hand got the hair burned off. well, i didn't really think mech of it until it was dark out and you could actually see the flame, a Yamaha Blue flame[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif], when it back fires! the flame is cool, the backfire i could do without... i can't wait til' i can run with this UMMM pipe(stub).

·
Registered
756 Posts
quote:Originally posted by redbullssg

another question? do you have to or should you run the pcIII before you do the AIS removal? or doesn't it matter?

Doesn't matter concerning JUST the AIS. The only thing the AIS involves is shooting that shot of fresh air into the exhaust on decel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts