RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rid of the dead weight and the popping on decel.
Cut the tubing off the old plates and used water weld epoxy to fill the holes. Sanded and painted.
Cut apart the AIS frame and repurposed the fuel regulator mount. Trimmed back the motor mount and welded regulator mount to the side. Painted and installed.
Ordered some Racetronix braided line and fittings. Still need to get the 1/4 braided line for the pressure regulator.
Pretty satisfied with the results. And spent 100.00 to do it.

Attachments

Premium Member
'04' Warrior - Super Fine Metallic Black
Just a heads-up. The FPR calls for 5/16" ID Fuel Injection Hose and the appropriate hose Clamps on the high pressure side.
The Clamps shown in your photo, taken from the LP side, will not sustain the system pressure of the FI Pump. Would also suggest you use the ABS safety clips for the Fuel QD Fittings.
Neat MOD ... I believe you're a Pioneer on this one 馃槒

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Yeah the stainless line is on its way with the oetiker clamps. It has the oring hose barb that didn't have clamps so I put them on for good measure. Safety clip is now in place. Thanks for the help!

Registered
Cut the tubing off the old plates and used water weld epoxy to fill the holes. Sanded and painted.
Cut apart the AIS frame and repurposed the fuel regulator mount. Trimmed back the motor mount and welded regulator mount to the side. Painted and installed.
Ordered some Racetronix braided line and fittings. Still need to get the 1/4 braided line for the pressure regulator.
Looking good dude

Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC

Nice work. Little trick to keep your disconnect fittings from getting scraped up:

Take 2 2" lengths of 3/16s rubber hose, make a cut up the length and glue them over the two upright ribs of the bracket. I used Gorilla glue. Gives the fuel line something softer to rest against. You can just see mine peeking out under the disconnect or save the image and zoom in.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC
1 - 8 of 8 Posts