RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Learned how to change my name a few days ago and did so successfully. Just curious who has taken advantage off this. Who were you and who are you now? What does you name mean?

Me- On the last site I didn't know how to make my name anything other than a code, soit didn't really mean anything. Now I'm 50 truck, The company I was placed in command of at the end of December.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Mine is a funny story.... to me anyways...

15 years ago when I went to open my firs Internet account I told the support guy over the phone that I wanted my login name to be Sir_Dude.

But the guy did not know what an underscore was (Back then people were kinda new to the computer slang) so I opted to put an "a" in between therefore creating SiRaDuDe and have used it ever since then. 15 years going now!

All because of a inept Tech Support Guy...

Oddly enough I've seen other siradude's around I wonder what the heck theirs stand for

·
Registered
883 Posts
nothing interesting but heres my story. i had 2 accounts from the old site. my first one was trickgrafix, it's from my side business Trick Grafix. i wanted to change it to something more creative and signed up again as meTrickWarrior. now i just simplifed it to just Trick. my full name is Patrick and Trick is kinda my nickname.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
RobRiguez said:
I have always used since I started on the BBSs learning how to PhonePhreak

I remember the days of Rusty's and Eddie's BBS until they got cought that is......

Now I just stay with the newsgroups is just the only way now.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I knew there had to be people here from the BBS days when the world was using 2400 baud modems. Nothing tricky about my name, just a childhood nickname that I've used since forever. No need to change it now.

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Marco Polo said:
I knew there had to be people here from the BBS days when the world was using 2400 baud modems.

Nope 1200 Hayes Accura. Hella fast for its time. My 286/16 would FLY!!!!!

#: ATe1q0&c0&d2m0s37=5

God im such a geek sometimes. Grrrrrr

{chant}Chicks, beer, wrenching on my car, motorcycles, chicks.... {/chant} ok Im better now.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
RobRiguez said:
Staying with the same name I have always used since I started on the BBSs learning how to PhonePhreak and build blackboxes and try to become L33t. The Jolly Roger was my hero back then. LOL (i just made myself feel real old using those terms)
LOL. So you were the one making free phones calls on pay
phones using the Captain Crunch whistle. No. Wait. That was me.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
RobRiguez said:
Nope 1200 Hayes Accura. Hella fast for its time. My 286/16 would FLY!!!!!

oh man, you're right. I didn't even remember it wasn't even 2400 yet and "Hayes" and "Hayes compatible" and all those stupid drivers you had to make sure you got right or you'd have forever problems getting even the simplest little lines of text. Then along came AOL, Compuserve, and Prodigy.... fun fun. Needless to say I've use Marco Polo to log in to just a few things since then.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I've been refered to as gman since before I had a computer. The first modem I used was 300 baud. Some things about the old days aren't so good.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Same then as I am now..

Wish more of the fellas from the old site woudl pop up in here..

I noticed princess is gone to.. and sherides hasn't posted lately... Our female presence was slim as it was... it's non existent now..

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
RRUFAST said:
Same then as I am now..

Wish more of the fellas from the old site woudl pop up in here..

I noticed princess is gone to.. and sherides hasn't posted lately... Our female presence was slim as it was... it's non existent now..
Jason, I believe SheRides (Brenda) has been gone for quite while, she and Eassyrider (Nate) split-up before I crashed. She may check in from time to time, but I havn't seen her post in a while. Princess, I have seen since the new site cam online just not often. I was spending most of the day logged in to the site, waiting for posts to read, but now not so much, it's lost some of its allure for me.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Joe-

Thanks for the info.. I have Brenda as a MS buddy.. so I know she's still out there.. :)

I have noticed that lots of folks who were really active on the old sitehave fallen by the wayside now... BUMMER.

This site isn't that bad.. just that things aren't in th esame order as people were used to. There are still some bugs to be worked out.. but...

I'm here... and that's what matters most to me.. LOL

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Well I am still Preacherman its all I know. Did some of the old guys leave because they didn't like the new site? I heard that Vector left, I never understood why and was afraid to ask. I will be hear until somebody makes me mad and then I will change my name and come back as Preacherman. Change is always hard for people but if if you plan to make it in this world you must be willing to accept change. Those who cannot will always have a problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts