RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What alarm did you install on your Warrior? Was it easy to install?

I am thinking of putting the Scorpio Alarm SR-i600 FM 2-Way Paging Security System with Anti-Hijack, Perimeter Sensor, Battery Back-up on Santa's list. Anyone with experience with this alarm system?

·
Registered
71 Posts
buddys dad has it on his cbr surprised me when i walked by it cuz i did not kno he had installed it already.the peremiter sensor works great, arms and disarms with no glitchs like sum others do. i like

·
Registered
36 Posts
i Have this Alarm on my bike and love it, only problem is when you park in a bike parking alot of tims the guy parking next to you wills et off your perimeter alarm its probably cause i jhave mine set to high though. ( they are adjustable)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kevlar said:
i Have this Alarm on my bike and love it, only problem is when you park in a bike parking alot of tims the guy parking next to you wills et off your perimeter alarm its probably cause i jhave mine set to high though. ( they are adjustable)

How easy was it to install? How long did it take? Did you have to splice wires with the factory harness option?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all,

Just an FYI. I had a scorpio on my last bike. It worked ok but it got to the point that I never armed it. The alarm was loud. I thought about an alarm for the warrior but did some reading on this site and checked out the xena disc alarms. I purchased one and its easy on easy off and pretty loud. It basically sets itself once it is placed on the disc and goes off when the bike is moved and automatically rearms itself. Basically I couldn't lead one way or another as both alarms serve their purpose.

Take care

Mark Graham

·
Registered
36 Posts
when you buy the alarm you can get the harness with it no wire splicing at all it was installed and making my ears bleed in my garage in about 15 minutes. ( dont set off teh alarm in yiour garage withe the door closed its horrible) the dongle that comes with it is amazingly fun. i personally would suggest it to anyone looking for an alarm.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
we don't suffer the warrior getting nicked here in the uk, the underwriter for my insurance didn't want any extra security for my bike! as no-one would joy ride a bike weighing 650lbs and it's no good for spares here he reckons, but it got me asking - how many warriors go missing your side of the pond? - [by the way i've still got a hefty chain on her at night]

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
tomba said:
we don't suffer the warrior getting nicked here in the uk, the underwriter for my insurance didn't want any extra security for my bike! as no-one would joy ride a bike weighing 650lbs and it's no good for spares here he reckons, but it got me asking - how many warriors go missing your side of the pond? - [by the way i've still got a hefty chain on her at night]
Not many. Stolen HD's and parts are what sells here. I guess that's good for us.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Badger said:
Mr Noize II said:
What alarm did you install on your Warrior? ....

A hungry rotweiler with a 20 foot chain

My neighbor has a Rot named Harley but it would just play with anyone unless it thought someone was attacking me. She is the sweetest dog I know.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sin_City_Warrior said:
tomba said:
Not many. Stolen HD's and parts are what sells here. I guess that's good for us.

Out here in DC, people take whatever they can.

I have found my warrior on the ground after someone was unsuccessful in snatching it with about 2K in damage.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
OWW mama that's an awful sight to see... got the bike right over the stand as well? - gotta say the warrior doesn't look so cool with her feet in the air - does that dent in the car bumper suggest a careless cage driver... yet again!?? - i'd have done for that 'driver' if that was my bike...[ruddy great 'dent' in my helmet would have sorted that one 'red mist' officer] - and just outta interest.. how did this all occur with the cover on the bike? [nice cover by the way ..which one is it? fits well!] - not sure i understand how an alarm would have made the difference? - we can park for free in bays in some parts of london if we park at 90 degrees,

Mr Noize II said:
THis is why I wish to have a alarm

2/19/05

but that pic is the reason i don't like that idea at all!! - sorry to see that picture - my condolensces

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No dent on the Max in the picture butwhat you may see is a reflection. It did not knock the bike down.

Who ever tried to take it attempted to get it on a dolly or lift it orsomething. It movedsideways making the white marks bythe kick stand. Steering is still locked.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I ordered a Talon 3300p alarm for my brother-in-law's steal-me-red Fireblade. www.talonalarms.com It's got quite a few features and a forum system with a small user base. I ordered it from cycleprotectionproducts.com ($150) and Scott there takes care of his customer's quite well, especially around the holidays<br/><br/>

My mother also ordered me one, it should be arriving next week and I'll post what I think about it. It has a perimitor sensor, g-sensor, vibration sensor, and a ridicously loud alarm with optional battery backup and starter disable. It can work with external sensors and paging systems too. Seems like a good deal too me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts