RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This an open text I sent to Baldy.
Mate the Warrior has gone. Like yourself I was finding it uncomfortable to ride. No matter what sort of cushion I’ve had hasn’t stopped the jarring and vibration. I had to go to Bris yesterday to the repat and riding back I saw another Roadliner. It looked better and cleaner than that one in Maroochydore. Anyway I pulled up for a smoke and a drink and to look at all the bikes. A guy came out and we got talking and it turned out he was the manager. I told him I had been looking at the Roadliner. I pointed my bike to him and he did a walk around. He complimented me on how the bike looked and did as about the Bumblebee sticker on the tank. He said it looked great and he had never seen a themed bike before. I asked what year was the bike and what was the cost. He said it was a 2013 and was $16,990 ride away. He asked if I wanted to see what I could get for a trade and I said ( tongue in cheek ) that I didn’t want a figure as I already had one in mind. He looked at me and said what did I think the Warrior was worth. I said I’d swap it for the Roadliner. He laughed and said you wish and I said I was serious. So he went inside and I rolled another smoke and sat on the Bee. This other guy comes out and wanted to have a look at the bike and asked if he could take it for a spin. I said sure so he grabbed a helmet and off he went. He really didn’t go far because I could still hear him lol. Anyway he comes back and goes inside. I’d finished my smoke and drink and was ready to leave when the manager comes out and said I had a deal except I’d have to pay for the transfer and rego. I said sure no probs. So I took the Roadliner for a spin and the first thing I noticed was how smooth it was. I also felt that it handled better on windy streets as it’s rear tyre is 190. It has 2,500 more k’s than the one a Maroochydore, but that doesn’t matter. I have to ride back down tomorrow to pick the Roadliner up. I’ve been sitting here thinking about the forum and I suppose I can’t be on it anymore which is sad. All those guys like AZ, THOMMY and alike. Could never go riding with them, but it’s still a brotherhood. Another thing I took into consideration is it will probably take 3 months before I can see the surgeon so that’s more pinched sciatic I have to put up with. With the Roadliner a smoother running bike I will be able to get more riding in and maybe a short our here or there. Now after the operation ( if I can still walk). It will be an easier bike to ride once I get the all clear. If I hadn’t been putting up with this pinch sciatic nerve the thought of getting rid of the Bee wouldn’t have entered my mind.

·
Super Moderator
7,166 Posts
At the end of the day and all said and done

What matters is that you still on 2 wheels

I knw you'll still be around....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Mate, don’t you go anywhere! I was on here for a few years after I totaled my first Warrior. You had better be too.

You may have joined because of Bee, but you’re part of something bigger now that transcends owning a specific model bike. Plus, once things open up more, I plan on coming to see some family near Byron Bay and was hoping to meet up with some of you Aussie folks. I keep looking up the places you guys mention and some of you guys aren’t that far away. Looking forward to buying you a beer one day soon.

Stick around and tell us about your Liner. You know, there is an anything goes section. 😉

Cheers and congrats on making a hard decision. It’s tough when health is involved but good on you for making the deal.

·
Registered
577 Posts
What else to say with my humble English .... how can I phrase better ?
But I try 😁 ......
Please stick around here, even if you will trade in Bee. Your health and personal comfort is first priority and by repeating others .... good to hear that you can be back on two wheels some day. The Roadliner is a fantastic bike, before I got that great offer for my Warrior I was looking for this 1900ccm bike as well. Some guys do run the shi.. out of it scraping with floor boards, exhaust and frame ...... so no need to just roll on boring highways, you can do twisties as well ;) .... name the Roadliner your daily 'Warrior', make it a theme bike again .... and stay with us.
Would be really sad if you would leave this community, this is more than Warrior talk.

Hey, and you already have forum members reaching out to Australia to make some miles/kms together with you. Never seen Australia, so who knows .......

Watch your health, my friend 👀🙏

·
Premium Member
7,791 Posts
no reason you can not stick around here. Anyways we will all need to hear how you like your new bike a few months down the road. a lot of people sell their warrior and then later have regrets and get another one so who knows you may do the same thing. No law against having more than one bike

·
Registered
647 Posts
Congrats on the road liner! I understand your comfort problems as I went through 6 different seats lol but I finally found the one that I can ride in no problem and I dont have any underlying issues so I can only imagine.

A straight trade seems like a heck of a deal. Stick around on the forums anyways to share your wisdom.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
802 Posts
And
Well ... 1st congratulations... we do what we need to do not because of a group etc ... I rarely ride my Warrior simply because it’s not as comfortable as the BMW ... I’m financially going to try and hold on to it though so I can give it to my son ... I think it will be kind of cool to own a classic bike like Warrior in 10-20 years time if it’s still in the condition it is now .... but who knows, circumstances may change ... my back & hip is rooted ... giving me more grief than I’ve had for a long time. Haven’t ridden either bike for two weeks, can barely walk the pain is so severe ...

Anyhow back to the Roadliner .. I don’t think you need to leave RSWarrior ....your input and humour is welcomed and beside it is a changing site, certainly not like it was 10 years ago, different age / era of owners ... my duties as admin are really just helping out, AZ is the Man.

I do find it awesome you got such a great deal on the Warrior .. prices are I guess increasing but parts are still a problem ..

my private reply to Bob ( Stryder)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
lets be honest. we are an aging group. this is going to happen. i was here with my first warrior. i stayed when it was stolen and i was back on a harledavidson and im still here on my second warrior. like most of you this is MY forum. i will be here no matter what im riding. i would love to see some pics when you get the roadliner. they are good looking bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Sad to hear the bike go, but you are right on another! I hope it allows you to ride more, and more comfortably-perhaps you will return to a warrior! Good luck with the new ride! Nice job swapping!

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Listen you HAVE to stay on this forum regardless of the bike you have.
Next...that 1900 powerplant is sweet as I also have a Raider and the differences can be felt. Many of us have a couple of bikes and they have their place. And several of us have a Warrior and a 1900 variant either a Liner or Raider.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This an open text I sent to Baldy.
Mate the Warrior has gone. Like yourself I was finding it uncomfortable to ride. No matter what sort of cushion I’ve had hasn’t stopped the jarring and vibration. I had to go to Bris yesterday to the repat and riding back I saw another Roadliner. It looked better and cleaner than that one in Maroochydore. Anyway I pulled up for a smoke and a drink and to look at all the bikes. A guy came out and we got talking and it turned out he was the manager. I told him I had been looking at the Roadliner. I pointed my bike to him and he did a walk around. He complimented me on how the bike looked and did as about the Bumblebee sticker on the tank. He said it looked great and he had never seen a themed bike before. I asked what year was the bike and what was the cost. He said it was a 2013 and was $16,990 ride away. He asked if I wanted to see what I could get for a trade and I said ( tongue in cheek ) that I didn’t want a figure as I already had one in mind. He looked at me and said what did I think the Warrior was worth. I said I’d swap it for the Roadliner. He laughed and said you wish and I said I was serious. So he went inside and I rolled another smoke and sat on the Bee. This other guy comes out and wanted to have a look at the bike and asked if he could take it for a spin. I said sure so he grabbed a helmet and off he went. He really didn’t go far because I could still hear him lol. Anyway he comes back and goes inside. I’d finished my smoke and drink and was ready to leave when the manager comes out and said I had a deal except I’d have to pay for the transfer and rego. I said sure no probs. So I took the Roadliner for a spin and the first thing I noticed was how smooth it was. I also felt that it handled better on windy streets as it’s rear tyre is 190. It has 2,500 more k’s than the one a Maroochydore, but that doesn’t matter. I have to ride back down tomorrow to pick the Roadliner up. I’ve been sitting here thinking about the forum and I suppose I can’t be on it anymore which is sad. All those guys like AZ, THOMMY and alike. Could never go riding with them, but it’s still a brotherhood. Another thing I took into consideration is it will probably take 3 months before I can see the surgeon so that’s more pinched sciatic I have to put up with. With the Roadliner a smoother running bike I will be able to get more riding in and maybe a short our here or there. Now after the operation ( if I can still walk). It will be an easier bike to ride once I get the all clear. If I hadn’t been putting up with this pinch sciatic nerve the thought of getting rid of the Bee wouldn’t have entered my mind.
Do you think the motorcycle caused your back issue?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats on the road liner! I understand your comfort problems as I went through 6 different seats lol but I finally found the one that I can ride in no problem and I dont have any underlying issues so I can only imagine.

A straight trade seems like a heck of a deal. Stick around on the forums anyways to share your wisdom.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Can you share the model of your seat?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First off thank you guys as I was worried about still being able to have some input on the forum.
I didn’t change the seat I changed the whole bike. Reading the manual which I was able to get online. I found that the reason why the 1900 is a lot smoother than the warrior is because they have used counter balancing on the crank. Mind you the seat on it isn’t standard and I think it says mustang embossed on the front of the seat.
Now I do have one problem and that’s with the standard handle bars. One they are really wide and two I have to lean forwards. I’ve been looking at the same bars as the warrior. However, the wiring is internal ( which means cutting, then pulling out of bars.) The clutch is hydraulic and not cable so there is a limitation there. The front brake side has play as with the throttle cables. Even thought I only want between 8”, 10” or 12” bars. I can see a lot of headaches as I’m not good at soldering 😎😎🐝

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Yeah these motors are smooth as u will notice going 80 mph and cruising along. Clutch is smooth and lighter compared to the Warrior. Also they sell risers that lift up and bring the bars back some and keeps the stock lines. I have some if you want so DM me.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah these motors are smooth as u will notice going 80 mph and cruising along. Clutch is smooth and lighter compared to the Warrior. Also they sell risers that lift up and bring the bars back some and keeps the stock lines. I have some if you want so DM me.
That would be terrific mate, but the postage is a killer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Please don't go away.
We would all like to here about the roadliner, the VX1900 engine, I have a Raider also .
You will find another set if friends to go along with the ones here, at the roadliner forum :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please don't go away.
We would all like to here about the roadrunner, the VX1900 engine, I have a Raider also .
You will find another set if friends to go along with the ones here, at the roadrunner forum :)
Thank you for your kind words. I have found their forum does things differently and covers more bikes. So far the biggest users or contributors ride either Yam Star 1100 & 1300’s. just goes to show and prove what a great forum this one is. I miss not being able to do this 😎😎🐝 at the end of my comments.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts