RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw this crew on the web - based in darlington but do mobileand hosted visits all over the country - clean bike, spray wax, cover wheelsbrakes etc and use 100lb pressure spray to get ACF 50 into all the crevices - and polish rest of bike - cruiser about £55 to protect bike over winter - interesting 'cause then you can usethe ordinary spray can to top bike up after cold rinses - i also use gt85 [doesn't affect seals] which kept the bandit rust free for years can blow it over entire engine and chassis - anyone got any other tips for uk winter? as this new 'sticky salt sludge they're trailing this winter sounds real mean

At AllYearBiker we use the manufactuers recommended method of application, high pressure misting. This produces a very fine 'fog' which can penetrate every area of the bikes framework, engine block, electrics and electronics. Combined with ACF-50's unique creep action this ensures that all areas of the bike that are normally not accessable without major strip down are given a protective coating

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The ACF50 definitely works but despite the claimtalking to some of the US forum members my understanding is that it isn't acrually used on US aircraft carriers, but it is used in salt water airports like Haiwaii.

If any other Sov'ners are interested let me know and perhaps we can convince them to come down and do a discountedlot job

Iain

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hiya - yes i'd join in just to see if it works for one season - they're in north london 11 - 13 december and then edinburgh in january, at hosted events, not always spaces available at these, as clubs usually host and get first dibs - they are doing more in january and will post dates - interesting about not being all they say, but seems the best about at the moment - does anyone else have info?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Amazingly I got something to add here! A neighbor and fellow biker come by my place the other day as I was washing the beast and he offered this tip - he went and got this cheap WD40 stuff called "superTT" a big tin of spray for about 2 or 3 quid, told me to heat the engine, and he just blasted it into all the nooks and crannies, and that stuff burned off causing loads of smoke, and fook me, did it come up good? Sure did, all that shite I'd been trying to reach with a toothbrush just vanished - honestly, its like magic, looks shiny and new - he says he does it every other week on his bike, it worked wonders on my dirty old engine! Cheers Neighbor!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FearLessFreak said:
WD40 stuff called "superTT"

hi Fearless - that's a good 'add on' - i've been put off ordinary wd40 because someone had to tell me that the stuff isn't kind to seals on forks etc and i'd been using it on the sliders, so in 'fear and ignorance' i just stopped using it, and found gt85 - i haven't heard of superTT so i'll have a go - thanks

'fear and ignorance' example - many moons ago i conviced a girlfriend that sugar only dissolved into the tea if you stirred it clockwise!
i know.. i know..butafter catching her a few times stirring the wrong way, she carried on dutifully stirring clockwise - a few months later of course, i find her ticking someone else off for stirring the wrong way.... yikes - i never heard the laughter end.... i was far too busy running for my life!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts