RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting a loan for a worrior. Is there any tips you can give me before I buy it? I have owned motorcycles before, but they were dirt bikes. I will have to take it easy for a while until I get used to it. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Wow, nice, First, welcome to this forum. You will totally enjoy yourself here.

As for the warrior, give us more info, new/used, any mods on it? what did your dealer or seller have to say about mods, how many miles...selling price and so on. We all would be happy to comment on your new ride believe me.

As for taking it easy until you get used to it, "good luck with that".....I no sooner was on my warrior and then I was ON IT!!!! its a blast to ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a 07 brand new still in the crate. It is the saphire blue color. How long is the break in period on the enginge before I can really get on it? I am proud to be a new member of this site. Not only is the information awsome I just read the post about the lady who lost her husband in a motorcycle crash. I can't count the number of times members offered to help in any way they could. That is just awsome. And I say again proud member

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
1 thing you want to do is get familiar with the "search tool". click on forums->search.
Enter you key search word or phrase. This will tap into the "thousands" of thread already logged into this site. I have no idea what the break in period is as I bought my baby all broken in. Check your owners manual. Might make a statement on that as well. I seem to remember someone saying what you DONT want to do is go on a long trip and keep the engine at ONE SPEED for a long period of time until you have logged ??? miles where you are running at all differant speeds?? something like that anyway, like I said, search and check your owners manual.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome dude! The bike wont disappoint you, have fun riding it!

There should be a sticker on your new bike regarding break-in miles. Mine was 600 then 1000 miles.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Nathan79,

Just like the rest of the guys here have said you'll love your new Warrior! As for breaking her in...I recommend that you ride her easy for the first 500 or 600 miles. Don't twist the throttle too hard or ride at a high or steady speed. Keep adjusting your speed, giving your motor a break here and there. After you get in your first 500 or 600 miles, change your engine oil and filter. After that...Have at it! And have fun!!

By the time to you ride her 500 or 600 miles, you should be use to her and will be able to handle the power of this awesome beast.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Best of luck with your new ride!!!

Remember Midnight Warriors RULE!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Welcome aboard and a little preamture Congrtats! You'll love your Warrior and this site!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your bike. The one thing I can say is respect the bike, and the bike will take care of you. It's got a crap load of torque, don't forget, otherwise have fun!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome to the site, your going to love the Warrior.

I've got a Blue 07 as well. Except I'm out in front of you on the mods. Make your list and get started!

Enjoy

·
Registered
861 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Ride it like you stole it. Just stay off the rev limiter and don't maintain a steady rpm. Change the oil after the first 75 mi. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the help and kind words guys. I am having a little bit of trouble with the loan. The bank says I need to work at my job for at least six month to show stability. I'm not giving up on it though. I have the down payment and a vehicle for collateral. Now I just have to see if they will work with me.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Nathan79 dirt bike experience is great to have. But if you have not taken an MSF class then go for it. It helps wake up the survival part of the brain. Welcome to the site.

Mad Man everytime I see your bike makes me want to paint mine.
Black and Chrome is awesome.

quote:Originally posted by MadMan

Nathan79,

Just like the rest of the guys here have said you'll love your new Warrior! As for breaking her in...I recommend that you ride her easy for the first 500 or 600 miles. Don't twist the throttle too hard or ride at a high or steady speed. Keep adjusting your speed, giving your motor a break here and there. After you get in your first 500 or 600 miles, change your engine oil and filter. After that...Have at it! And have fun!!

By the time to you ride her 500 or 600 miles, you should be use to her and will be able to handle the power of this awesome beast.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Best of luck with your new ride!!!

Remember Midnight Warriors RULE!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
55 Posts
congrats. There are two theories on break-in. Take it easy for the first 500-600 miles and some say to ride it like you stole it, it is suppossed to help seal the rings if you ride it hard. Doing a search will give you plenty of info.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome. Defiantely do a search on break in. The hard and fast break in makes sense to me, that's what I did and no problems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got the go ahead from the bank today, all I have to do now is my taxes for the down payment. I like the ride it like you stole it break in theory, that sounds like the most fun. First time street bike rider suggestions? How do most beginners dump them? What should I look out for?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Nathan,
Congrats! It sounds like you are set now. Definitely go take the rider safety course. It is the best way to get your cycle endorsement and they give you a lot of good riding and safety tips. They are offered through most community colleges and also through A.B.A.T.E.

As far as the break in, you will get as many opinions as people you ask. Follow the instructions in the owners manual and you should be fine. Take it easy until you get used to it though. You'll find that it is like nothing that you have ever riden before.

As for things to look out for on the road, EVERYTHING. Always assume that the cars around you do not see you there and expect them to do what you are hoping that they wont. That way you will be thinking ahead and already acting.

If yu haven't noticed already on the forum, Warriors were meant to be modified. There are all kinds of parts available for them and lots of ideas on here for cheap and easy mods. Ya, even though yours is brand new, it is never to soon to start "making it your own". Welcome aboard and get some pictures uploaded as soon as you get it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts