RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I wonder if I look too tall for my Warrior. I love riding the thing, but I do care a little bit about whether I look good on it too.

I am 6'3" and about 180 lbs. I have 3 inch extensions on the controls, but my knees are still practically above the fuel tank, and I feel like my arms are too long. I do have Baron's drag bars on it now, which helped a little bit (not as much pull back.

Anyway, these are the only pics I have riding. This was near the end of a long ride at a constant 80-90 mph and the wind had been beating me up pretty bad, which is why I look a little hunched-over.

What do you think? Doesn't my Warrior look little? : (

From CottonwoodRide April2008

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
You do not look to big for the warrior.I am 6'6"and 270lbs.I feel quite comfortable on mine with forward controls and yamaha double T bars.There are others on here that are very tall as well,Carknee being one of them at 6'7".

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I agree I'm 6'-2.5"..... and I installed a set of forward controls and now my legs are pretty much stretched out... installed a set of CP's 1125 T-Bars to and I feel pretty well streched...

Next thing on my list is to remove some of the padding on the stock seat to put me in the bike instead of on top of the bike... You'd be amazed at the difference 1" or so of padding off the seat will do to your posture... and you will no longer feel like you are gona slide off the seat when on hard acceleration...

I think member Crusteel45does the mod.... or you can follow his step by step pics....

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/52090/703724.aspx#703724

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
"Sometimes I wonder if I look too tall for my Warrior. I love riding the thing, but I do care a little bit about whether I look good on it too".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Well you do need to gain some weight, but other than that I think you'll be fine. This is a pretty big bike. I know that parked beside Harley's I always notice how large it looks.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I think what you're seeing a low, lean performance bike with a tall person on it. I'm in agreement with most that you look fine. However, if you care to make it a bit more comfortable and appealing add some higher bars and some forwards and youo'llfeel right at home.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
"Does this bathing suit make my butt look fat?" heh heh

C'mon, you might be tall, but 180 isn't "big"! I'm 5'9" and 190!. You "look" just fine on it.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Rhatphlegm said:
"Does this bathing suit make my butt look fat?" heh heh

C'mon, you might be tall, but 180 isn't "big"! I'm 5'9" and 190!. You "look" just fine on it.

I'm 5'10-1/2" and 250 with a big posterior. I have a 250 on the bike right now but to make my butt look smaller, I'm going to a dually!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have wondered that myself a time or 2, but having 50 pounds on ya probably helps. And like siradude said, doing the Crusteel45 seat mod makes a huge difference. It makes you feel like you are sitting right down in the center of the bike and gives you a lot more support so you don't feel like you are going to slide off the back at high speed. And you can actually still walk after those long rides. I think it makes an even bigger difference when you are tall because the angle of your legs tends to put more pressure on your tailbone as it drives it down into the hard foam.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
What a funny topic! No, your bike doesn't make you look big. lol The Warrior looks long and lean in the pics of you on it so it's all good but you might consider some forward controls if your legs don't FEEL right. As for looks, I agree with everyone else.

My first ride was a V-Star 650 and I'm not what you'd call "whispy" (at all) but I really had no clue how I looked onthat bike until some guy who didn't seem to know much aboutthem still recognized enough to say something about "that's a really nice looking bike for something so small". How was it so clear to him but yet at the timeI couldn't see much difference between that and a much larger Vulcan that I had considered? Well, when I looked at pics of me riding it it was very clear...

·
Registered
861 Posts
A small windshield would also help. As previously stated, we kinda sit on top of these bikes-a yami shield(or similiar) makes the bike look higher in the front and gives the illusion that we are sitting lower.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aight. Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.

You know my sister got Wii Fit for Christmas, so I hopped on it. The **** thing said I was borderline overweight. It suggested that I lose about 8 lbs in order to get my BMI in the Wii-doctor recommended zone!

Anyway, I know I'm not too "big" for the bike at 180 -- rather wondering if I look too tall sometimes, rolling down the road with my pointy knees sticking above the tank.

I have looked at seats. Haven't unloaded the money on a new Mustang seat yet. Will look more at modifying my stocker. I am also happy with my 3" extensions. Have considered the 5 inchers, but don't want the controls sticking toooo far out in front of the bike.

I love my Warrior, and I love my Cardinals (for once).

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Funny thing about those doctor numbers. I was at a Phizer dinner one night with about 50 docs and the speaker asked if anyone in the house knew the correct temp of a human being (98.6)? It was a joke. Then he passed out 50 new thermonitors and had everyone check there temps and say them aloud. The average in the room was 97.4. Some people are just built different and hold more weight,. Don't get me wrong alot of people just eat more. I have friendsthat eat mcdonalds everyday and lift really heavy and can't put on a LB. I have other friends who weight 300 plus workout and watch there diet and can't get below 250lbs. I workout everyday but sundayand can't get below 210. I started getting on the tread mill last week so will see. Cardio sucks!!

Wheres that pic of Carkee doing a stand up burnout. He makes the warrior look small in that pic

·
Registered
4,864 Posts

papawheelie said:
Sometimes I wonder if I look too tall for my
Warrior. I love riding the thing, but I do care a little bit about
whether I look good on it too.
What can you do about it? Unless you have enough money to have a custom bike made then you need to fit onto normal size people bikes.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CarKnee said:
What can you do about it? Unless you have enough money to have a custom bike made then you need to fit onto normal size people bikes.

Touché. I've now stopped worrying about it!

On another note, where did you find that jacket, CarKnee? What brand and size is it? I wear an XL, in the interest of having sleeves that are long enough (they're still too short), but it also means that I have way too much material in the torso section. It catches a lot of wind sometimes and balloons up on me at high speeds. I really need a LT size (more length, and less extra material in the middle). I've looked a lot, and Scorpion seems to be the only brand that makes tall sizes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts