RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys I have a video up of the Amazon light a few of us on the Facebook page have ordered. It is the one found at https://www.amazon.com/Akmties-Headlight-Compatible-Yamaha-XVS650-2011-2017/dp/B07WRZVYK5

My video showing how easy it is to install is on my channel as well. This light comes with the bracket and everything so it is an extremely easy install.

To say the least the light is pretty **** good. GoPro isn't the greatest in low light situations but you can see the lights on houses and fencing as I pass by, or in the description i have the 8 minute mark linked so you can jump ahead where I face the bike against my cars and a garage to really show how bright it is. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. 120 for 2 day prime shipping is pretty worth it to me and to not have to modify anything at all is great.

I will be testing this light against the Cyclops 7000 Lumen H4 once i get it installed into my Vmax.

ENJOY!

[

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems like the headlight could be better aimed? Hard to see if its better than stock.
As noted, the gopro is horrible at low light situations lol. I'm working on finding a camera that does better without sacrificing quality. You can aim the light still. I just left it where it is and does pretty well. At the 8 minute mark (you can click it in the video description), there's a better view of the light against a building to better give an idea. It's definitely better than stock. But I'll be doing a review against cyclops 7000h4 bulb as well to see which fares better but typically a bulb In a refractor type housing will never do as good as anything in a projector type, even halogen well do better in a projector housing.

·
Administrator
27,855 Posts
True. I prefer to have a flood of light so I can see critters and debris and kids and toys, especially in the mountains. It seems from the video the light goes far enough (yep I did see the 8 min mark portion and I watched the entire vid). But it doesn't seem to illuminate the entire road/path, like its maybe just a couple of focused beams. Hopefully that is due to gopro!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True. I prefer to have a flood of light so I can see critters and debris and kids and toys, especially in the mountains. It seems from the video the light goes far enough (yep I did see the 8 min mark portion and I watched the entire vid). But it doesn't seem to illuminate the entire road/path, like its maybe just a couple of focused beams. Hopefully that is due to gopro!
Oh 100% gopro. I'm going to take some photos with my camera and not gopro to show the spread. It actually covers the entire roadway. If you watch closely, you can see as I pass fencing around houses the light lights up the fence next to me.

I actually have lights I'm adding for mountain roads. See attached picture lol.

Pop

·
Premium Member
8,517 Posts
…………….. My video showing how easy it is to install is on my channel as well. This light comes with the bracket and everything so it is an extremely easy install...……….
I don't follow Headlight Bulb Mod's much but this is the 1st one I've viewed, on youtube, that didn't hack-up and compromise the Warrior OEM components for the install so that's positive.

IMHO the 2-bolt horizontal mounting is flimsy and not secure where as the OEM is akin to a gimbal ring & adjustable and rigid. Also, don't know about water infiltration into the headlight housing with the rubber filler ring.

FWIW, I have over 50K miles on my ride and have never lost the HP headlight bulb completely though I did have the low beam go out on a PIAA #70456 Xtreme Cool Blue and never an issue with water invasion :)
gl

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't follow Headlight Bulb Mod's much but this is the 1st one I've viewed, on youtube, that didn't hack-up and compromise the Warrior OEM components for the install so that's positive.

IMHO the 2-bolt horizontal mounting is flimsy and not secure where as the OEM is akin to a gimbal ring & adjustable and rigid. Also, don't know about water infiltration into the headlight housing with the rubber filler ring.

FWIW, I have over 50K miles on my ride and have never lost the HP headlight bulb completely though I did have the low beam go out on a PIAA #70456 Xtreme Cool Blue and never an issue with water invasion :)
gl
Yeah I'll be monitoring water intrusion. I know our housings have holes in the bottom, I'm guessing for water to come out. Luckily these are so packed with wiring, there light doesn't even bounce at all lol. And I'm pretty sure if I used the bolt and lock nut they send, you can adjust it and it'll stay 100% but I just reused factory bolts and rubber stuff. Another member used the hardware they send with this light and said he can adjust and it stays.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks JV! Post that on my fb post as well. I'm currently looking at a potential new action camera that will be better at low light

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found better settings I am going to try tonight to see if I can get the video to be better seen. If it is... I'll update the post with a new link

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hey bud for some reason the link to the headlight on amazon you posted here does not work for me, not sure if it works for others

1 - 15 of 15 Posts