RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first NEW bike ever. I have been dealing with hand-me downs and bikes usually two decades old. Less than 24 hours of ownership of this AWESOME bike I was pulled out in front of and ended up laying the bike down. There was over $4k in damages to the bike but I walked away with only very minor road rash and one really sore shoulder. I was less than two blocks from the dealership and they beat the police and ambulance there. The dealer road the bike back but had to pull the rear fender off the tire to do it. There are a couple of parts on order still but that is because the insurance company is dragging their butt on paying the repair shop.
I have riden the bike many more miles since and it is a BLAST!!! The amount of power this bike has is overwhelming and I find myself rinding it a little more cautious than I would my last couple of bikes. Not to mention I am still a little gun shy from the accident. I have been riding off and on-road bikes for 12+years and this is the first time I have ever laid/wrecked a bike on the street. Off-road is another story, if you ain't wreckin' you ain't tryin' hard enough is my belief concerning off road riding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, I forgot to ask if anyone knows of a good quality windshield that fits the warrior, doesn't make it look stupid and yet is funtional for a 6ft person. I don't want to ruin the "lines" of the bike as it is shaped like a sexy woman, rides like one too.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
First off, Welcome to the Forum
Sorry to hear about your "incident" I think I would have cried had that been me
as far as the windsheild is concerned use the search feature to find out exactly what you want because there are a TON of windsheild threads

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome Texas brother! Oh man what a story, hope you and the bike get well fast! You're right she is a sexy gal!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome, and everyone has said that they would have cried or that I should have beat the little punk right then and there. I felt like doing both at the same time, just had one minor problem, thought my knee was broken at the time. It wasn't but hurt like H***. When the parmedics and the cop asked me for my side of what happened let's just say it wasn't a "G" rated description when I got to the description the person that caused the accident. I have picks of the wrecked bike on my computer at home and will be updating my photo album tonight.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hung up my Motox racing gear about 6 years ago and tried the offshore jetski thing but the water wasnt much softer than dirt and healing sux, I got this bike and Love it. Heal quick and RIDE LIKE YOUR INVISABLE > beacuse thats the fisrt thing that some out of a cagers mouth when they take you out, "I didnt see him"

Whoo hoo! that 1000 - Roadstar baby

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
quote:Originally posted by AMMOACE
Off-road is another story, if you ain't wreckin' you ain't tryin' hard enough is my belief concerning off road riding.

You got that right brother.

Sorry for your wreck but you are up and ridding which is great.
Welcome to the forum. As far as the shield, you see the one ekmaint posted which looks great, mine is shorter then his and only covers from the nips down. Star makes some for it also, Memphis shades I think has maybe two or three styles that fit now.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the source of knowledge for the Warrior. If you have a question about the Warrior, the answer can be found here.
I too have a Yamaha Boulevard Windshield. It is small enough to look good and big enough to make the ride more comfortable. Once you have the Boulevard there are after market windshields that are a bit larger yet fit the mounts.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
All right! Finally another Warrior near me! We'll have to go for a ride one of these days. Did you get it from Max's?

...I see you're AF - are you a 462?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by RatPhlem

All right! Finally another Warrior near me! We'll have to go for a ride one of these days. Did you get it from Max's?

I did get the bike from Max's and they were outstanding. I am NOT a 462...I am a 461!! 462s are Load Toads and I am a BB stacker. "If it doesn't go boom it's the loaders fault!"

Shoot me a message and maybe we can get together when the AF doesn't have me running crazy. Just be prepared, the AF makes us wear over the ankly footwear, full length pants, long sleeves, gloves, helmet and a reflective vest. But I must admit I will NEVER complain about the gear again. Amazing how a wreck will do that for you. The full face helmet saved my jaw, I face planted at 25mph. The gloves saved the skin on my hands, the boots saved my left toes/foot as it got pinned under the bike for a second while skiding accross the pavement and the vest, well the vest didn't do anything but give me another layer to skid on, the ICON vest was completely UNDAMAGED but it made a good slip and slide surface. And guess what, the little punk's first words were "I didn't see you." when I asked him what the heck was he thinking. I didn't ask it that nicely.

The bike is on the road again and runs perfect. I still look for the petcock to turn the fuel on/off but can't seem to find one. The dealer gave me a mechanics walk through on general care and operation of the bike and he got a big laugh as he watched me look for the petcock to turn the fuel on before starting it. I felt like a DEE DEE DEE but got over it quickly when I heard the rumble.

After the test ride the wife took one look at the expression on my face and asked "Do you need some me time and a tissue", I guess I looked "orgasmic" but it was more "HOLLY FREAKING $H!T!" as the bike darn near shot out from under me going from first to second gear. To say I was not prepared for the awesome acceleration of the Warrior is a HUGE understatement. Remember I have never owned a bike less than 15 years old. You hit the gas on those and you can read a book before it gets going. This one just says "**** YEAH" and tries to fly out from under you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome to what is in my oppinion the best forum on the web. You can an answer to just about any question you might have here. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. As for the windshield I cannot help you. I haven't found one that I like personally. Have fun with your new BEAST and be very aware of the mod bugs. When they bite they don't let go. Once again welcome to the forum I believe you will be very pleased with the group of members here. Many of them are very intelegent and very helpfull. Hope everything works out for you with your repairs.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
quote:Originally posted by AMMOACE

quote:Originally posted by RatPhlem

I did get the bike from Max's and they were outstanding. I am NOT a 462...I am a 461!! 462s are Load Toads and I am a BB stacker. "If it doesn't go boom it's the loaders fault!"

Shoot me a message and maybe we can get together when the AF doesn't have me running crazy...

When I was in (got out in 94), I was a 466 (missiles). I'm not sure if there are any 466's left on Dyess since there are no more nukes there.

Yeah, Max's has some good mechanics (at least in my experience). If I ever get that FJR I want - it will be through them.

I'm primarily only off on Sundays myself (I'm a Postman these days), unless I take leave. There's a short little 20-30 minute ride I take nearby from time to time that goes up the side of a local "mountain" (read: a thing in this area slightly higher than a mole hill), cut's through Buffalo Gap, and then loops back to my place. It's a nice little ride though - the wifey and I will often grab a burger in B-Gap and then head back. A fun way to kill an hour.

How does a Sunday sometime sound?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts