RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What great day of riding yesterday. Ran into a few friends. One with has a new road king that he was very proud of. Cool guy, but ignorant and stuck in his old ways. (You know the guys, Harleys rule, everything else sucks) Anywho, we all (12 bikes) leave boonedocks to head to rabbit hash. I was following him. 2nd in the group. We make a right on big bone. From 42. He rips into his bike as soon he turns. I already was a little behind, as we were turning left across 42 pulling out of the bar. I make the right, and start to take off when I notice he's balls to the wall. He had to have at least got thru one gear WOT before I noticed. So my ego kicks in, and tore off after him. (Knowing I was already way behind) I rev out 2nd gear, then 3rd gear I start reeling him in. Shift to 4th and blew bye him. Next we comes back up next to me, and kicks down. I started laughing, and left it in 5th. Just twisted the throttle and waited for boost. He got a slight jump, then I hit full boost, reeled him right back in. Come to find out, he has a **** ton of money in it. Supposed to make 114hp to the ground. Which is no slouch. He kept saying how his bike was heavier, etc. Even tho I had Trisha on the back. His pride was destroyed. Especially after knowing my bike is not near its potential. I'm running low boost because I have the stock injectors in it. I am maxing the injectors out (100% duty cycle) by 3500 RPM's. Can't wait to get my 850cc injectors in, and are real boost and power. Still was a lot of fun, and the fastest Harley I've killed to the date. Good times....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
What great day of riding yesterday. Ran into a few friends. One with has a new road king that he was very proud of. Cool guy, but ignorant and stuck in his old ways. (You know the guys, Harleys rule, everything else sucks) Anywho, we all (12 bikes) leave boonedocks to head to rabbit hash. I was following him. 2nd in the group. We make a right on big bone. From 42. He rips into his bike as soon he turns. I already was a little behind, as we were turning left across 42 pulling out of the bar. I make the right, and start to take off when I notice he's balls to the wall. He had to have at least got thru one gear WOT before I noticed. So my ego kicks in, and tore off after him. (Knowing I was already way behind) I rev out 2nd gear, then 3rd gear I start reeling him in. Shift to 4th and blew bye him. Next we comes back up next to me, and kicks down. I started laughing, and left it in 5th. Just twisted the throttle and waited for boost. He got a slight jump, then I hit full boost, reeled him right back in. Come to find out, he has a **** ton of money in it. Supposed to make 114hp to the ground. Which is no slouch. He kept saying how his bike was heavier, etc. Even tho I had Trisha on the back. His pride was destroyed. Especially after knowing my bike is not near its potential. I'm running low boost because I have the stock injectors in it. I am maxing the injectors out (100% duty cycle) by 3500 RPM's. Can't wait to get my 850cc injectors in, and are real boost and power. Still was a lot of fun, and the fastest Harley I've killed to the date. Good times....
At first I thought this was just another BS story but then I saw the hair dryer you put on the right side, Very cool! I know my 1,000 HD is (and I can only think of the words to describe) "quick and nimble" other than my HD being close to 150 lbs lighter there are many other differences between the way my two bikes run! I don't know which is faster but always thought this video was funny as heII! hildo harley beats honda - Bing Videos
EDIT: I just looked at your bio and really do dig the work you've done, especially the wheels etc. 1 question though, doesn't your right thigh lay right on the turbo exhaust? Doesn't it get really hot? Could you drive that thing on the Los Angeles Freeways without melting? I think I could even live with the other exhaust you have for putting around town on your bike! I bet that Harley didn't know what hit him! Nice work bro! ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The exhaust isnt bad at all. Of course i am 6'5'' tall. The turbo blanket resist the majority of the heat. So i am able to rest my leg on it, if need be. the downpipe is about 5 inches from my leg. Its still a work in progress, but should be in the 200hp/tq neighborhood when all is said and done. Nice bikes btw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts