RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined today. I have recently been given the honor of caring for my brothers 05 Midnight Warrior. Nice bike so far, I kinda like it. I won't ride it much as I have an existing addiction to an increasingly fast Bandit 1200 Streetfighter but it will get some butt time. I look forward to learning and sharing info with all of you.

As far as mods go? We'll see what I do. I have to learn the bike inside out before I mod it. I know the suspension needs stronger springs and the factory brake pads and lines need to go if I want to run this thing anywhere near an entertaining pace. Other than that, time will tell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are good but I like a bit more feel. They stop fine, I am just used to that stiff "feel" to my brake that I have to have.

PS. If you do a lot of hard stops, they fade a bit. Most any factory brake will though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot. The bike isn't really mine, Just in my care and under my butt. My brother will someday be all better and ride again, I am just doing the right thing in the meantime. Plus he's gonna get a kick-ass bike back when the time comes.

·
Registered
341 Posts
It sure is kind of you to carry this burden for you bro. LOL... Hope you get a kick out of the time you have that bike under your arse. Welcome and enjoy while you can.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome jeepskate, nice that you get to babysit a Warrior AND you get to mod it for your Bro too, cool. You sound like a good Bro to have my friend. Hope that your Brother is ok.

·
Registered
186 Posts
welcome. most here like to carve up some roads. i'd be interested in your opinions on comparing your two bikes. i'm also away from my bike 6 months a year, would you mod it out while i'm gone? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far the Warrior is going to only get cruise use. As far as carving the curves, I have a very capable Bandit for that with perfect suspension (set for me) and super sticky race rubber (D209GP tires). I have found the Warrior to be a bit more torquey, but that benefit fades quickly with the Bandits ability to rev to 11 grand while making only 8 ft pounds less torque and a whole lot more horses.

Of course the Warrior is more comfortable when I leave the clip-ons installed on the Bandit. However switching to stock bars makes it a wash.

Preliminary verdict, What you would think. Two different bikes for two different uses. The warrior is one fast machine in it's class, but it can NEVER compete against the sport bikes in their world. And the cbgsxrninjabusa's won't threaten the Warrior in its realm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts