RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everybody, finally got my own warrior (07) I had to wait about a year before I was able to get it. This is the best bike I could ever had, I love it....
I also have a question. I'm going to change the Exhaust on the bike, but I want to know if there is anything else that needs to be replaced when replacing the exhaust to help the bike perform better and prevent any damage to engine.

Thanks in advance for any opinions that will help me on this...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Jato,
Congrats and welcome to one of the best sites on the Web!

Multiple options for aftermarket exhaust. Keep in mind clearance and performance issues when deciding on what to mount. Lots of opinions/sound clips/info on here.

A lot of guys will tweak the ECU a bit to make allowances for the new exhaust. IMO, you need to open up the breathing on the other end as well with a Big Air Kit (either Churchkey, a member on this site, or a Patrick Racing BAK) will compliment whichever exhaust you choose.

Then of course the 'best' way to do bring it all together is with a PCIII power commander with a custom map.

We will have lots of ways to help you spend your money!!

enjoy...

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
welcome, any exhaust you buy should come with proper mounting brackets etc. as far as tweaking ecu etc you PROBABLY do not need to but you MAY want to bump it up 1 or 2 points.(search "adjusting ecu") the best way to tell is to install your exhaust and then run for about 50 good miles and pull the sparkplugs and see what they look like and adjust from there.
as cat daddy says the vbak is one of the best bang for the buck mods you can make ...and it makes it A LOT easier to get to the sparkplugs

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the 4M! You may need a Power Commander for the new exhaust. I bought an '07 and was told to buy the PCIII USB. morepoweracing.com has it for $260. preprogrammed and free shipping!

Insert Image:

16.17 KB

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome, I am a new owner as well. I will be changing my exhaust at the end of the month and will do the PCIII at the same time.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
glock35 is headed in the right direction. A PCIII may not be necessary, but is well worth it. Cat_Daddy takes it to the next step with a VBAK which again is not necessary but well worth it.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Some good advice already. Just be aware that a lot of aftermarket exhausts will lose you power over the standard cannon. 2 into 1 systems will give best power and V & H Bigshots which are a 2 into 2 but with a balance pipe will also give a slight increase. Some pipes will also deck on right hand bends. Do a search. There will be enough info to keep you going for weeks. Also look in peoples galleries to see what look you are after. Good luck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase.
You will continue to have a blast.
You will also, learn so much from this site.
Do the searches and read the forums.
That has done me a ton of good.
I have the Shogun(Samson) Short Slashers (loud, but sound amazing), the Dobeck TFI (in place of the PC3, tune on the fly, easy adjustments and NO DYNO needed ), Yamaha fat TT bars, etc...
There are way too many things to choose from !!! lol
Good luck !!!!
Oh yeah, as far as the pipes go.....
You have to pick the most important - Look, Cost, Sound or Power. Which of these is most important to you?
I personally felt the Short Slashers were the most affordable, best looking and best sounding.
Just a little insite to my thinking.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Jato,

Welcome to the forums! As for exhaust...I love the Samson Shogun pipes myself...A lot of guys here like the V&H pipes...But the Samson's are the loudest and best looking pipes out there...Well...At least in my opinion...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Here's a picture of my Warrior with Samson Shogun Short Slashers installed.

And here's a sound clip of them...This is after I installed Hard Chrome HP-Plus baffles in the pipes.

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n156/MadMan64/Hot%20Rod%20Show%202007/?action=view&current=MyWarriorSoundClip.flv

TURN UP THE VOLUME!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

As for any other mods you will need for switching out the exhaust...I'd recommend a PCIII and a Big Air Kit (BAK), as well...No! It's not really necessary, but you won't regret getting and doing those two mods. If you do get a PCIII, I HIGHLY recommend you do the "Perfect Install"...There's link to a How-To here on this site...It'll make a world of difference...

Best of luck and hope to see you around the forums!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Welome to the forum, alot of helpful and knowledgable people here.
For performance from an exhaust a 2 into 1 should do you best, Ive
got the speedstar 2-1-2 and I like that. There are alot of exhausts
out there to choose from. Next mod would probably be a big air kit
(BAK) or velocity big air kit (VBAK). When upgrading the intake
you'll definetly want a PC III.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Long Slashers here. Nothing sounds like these suckers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts