RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name is Kevin, 29 yrs old, been riding dirt bikes since I was a kid. Moved out to CA in '99 when I joined the military. Bought a Ford F250 w/ a V10 under the hood, and the gas price out here were just killing me! So, I convinced the wife that it was a good idea to trade in the dirt bike for a street bike. Bought an '06 Warrior in May, and found this site searching for a new exhaust to replace that rediculously huge "hot water heater" hanging off the right side. Just finished installing new exhaust and PCIII. Boy does this bike sound better! Sounds like a real bike now instead of a Jetson's mobile. Not looking to really dig in to the motor yet... yet! I see alot of suggestions to block the AIS, and add a BAK. Anyone wanna gimme a little help on just exactly what the AIS does, and what the benefits of blocking are? Another question... What the heck is the little black box on the lower left forward frame rail for? Is it necessary, cause it looks like ****?! One last thing, all you guy's bike are incredible!!!

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Hi there Kevin and welcome to the site mate.

The AIS is designed to assist with the removal of unburned fuel (good for emissions). The benefits of removal are:
1. Allows you to clean up the left side of the engine if you want to remove the chromed plastic box on that side.
2. Will help to stop a little of the backfiring on deceleration but it doesn't remove it completely.
3. Takes off about 2lb in weight from the bike.

Here's a great site with instructions on the AIS blockoff should you decide to do it:

http://users.adelphia.net/~redhorse/ais_block_off_1of2.htm

Not sure what you mean by the "little black box on the lower left forward frame rail"? Are you talking about a little plastic cylinder just left forward of the fuel tank, mounted to the frame neck? If you are then this is the 'tipover sensor', if your bike falls over then this will fill with fuel and then cut the engine. Could you post a pic of the offending item?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

I do believe the little black box you are referring to is the charcoal canister. That is an emissions requirement by Ca. on all bikes. There are quite a few of us that have removed it. Do a search, and you can find a how to on the subject. Hope this helps.

BTW, I also own a Superduty, except with a Powerstroke. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the welcome! I am in SoCal, San Diego area. Originally from Detroit, MI. Moving back in 2009.

Working on getting some good pics on here, just having some trouble getting good lighting to get the paint to show up good in the pic. I did take some good pics of the relocation bracket that Cobra sent w/ the exhaust. Will post them soon.

Thanks for the info on the charcoal canister. I'm deffinately gonna remove it in the future. **** CA emissions laws! Not sure about removing the chrome plastic box on the left side. I took everything off when I did the exhaust, and it made the bike look a little strange to me. I like the look of the Speedstar intake, but I think it woulld look pretty cool with them same look on the left side too. Is there anything out there that accomplishes that?

Wondering just exactly how much power you can pump outta this baby without adding a big bore kit. BTW, what are the benefits of the wider back tire?

·
Registered
881 Posts
quote: BTW, what are the benefits of the wider back tire?

It Justs makes the bike look BADDD ASSSSSSSS!!!![8D][8D]
Don,t you agree???

Insert Image:

60.19KB

·
Administrator
28,388 Posts
Could you post a picture of your rear LED's illuminated in the daytime outside, and at night? What you've done is what I'm considering doing. Thanks brother.

quote:Originally posted by ram396

quote: BTW, what are the benefits of the wider back tire?

It Justs makes the bike look BADDD ASSSSSSSS!!!![8D][8D]
Don,t you agree???

Insert Image:

60.19 KB

1 - 20 of 23 Posts