RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K., I have been lurking on the best **** 4m for a while...long enough to decide on buying a new Warrior. What a bike! About 6 months ago I sold my most favorite bike ever, my 06 Roadliner S. I almost cried as I watched the ebay buyer ride off into the sunset. The next day I consoled myself by buying a Kawi ZZR1200 on ebay. Flew to Alabama to ride it home. I absolutely loved the speed, man the speed was unbelievable! However, 2 problems popped up rather quickly. First and foremost was that the wife was way uncomfortable and second, I could not keep from doing really insane blasts down the highway. I can honestly say that I never got on that bike when I didn't do at least 100. At 42, trying to teach my 18 year old responsible riding, I felt like a huge hypocrit. I decided to embark on the quest for a perfect bike for both me and my wife so I developed a list of things that I had to have on my next bike and things I wanted. Here is the abreviated version.
Must Haves 1.Dual disc brakes up front 2.Aggressive Styling 3.Belt Drive 4.200 mm (or more) rear tire 5.v-twin motor 6.powerful 7.Convertible platform allowing me to turn it into a touring bike when needed 8.Two-up option and bike large enough to be compatible to my size (6'4" 210 lbs.) Wants A.Inverted front forks B.Radially mounted brakes C.Muscular styling allowing me to continue to wear my favorite full face helmet (Shoei RF1000 Badge)without looking like a dweeb D.Street Cred with the Harley masses (read lemmings).

My short list was the HD V-rod, HD Fat Boy, Yamaha Warrior, Honda VTX1800 Spec3, Triumph Rocket III, Suzuki M109, Victory Hammer. I knew within the first block of my Warrior test ride that it was the bike for me! It reminded me of all the things I liked about my Roadliner while improving upon the things I disliked about it. The HD Fat Boy (Screaming Eagle) was a wallowing pig! The V-rod felt to weird due to the tiny gas...ops I mean air box between my legs. The Suzuki seemed to "plastic" and the closest Triumph dealership was way too far away. I really considered the Hammer but I am uneasy with the reputation of the local victory dealership. I will be posting pics in the next few days of my stocker but it will not remain that way long! Looking forward to being a part of the best **** 4m! Any Dallas TX area warriors around...would love to ride with you guys!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
dude, you are just like me (only a little taller [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]) i have the busa up for sale for the very same reason although i have had my warrior for 3 years now and love it[8D] i considered almost all the bikes you did and the warrior was the one for me[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] congrats on your new machine and welcome to the forum[8D] your gonna love it here[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
hehe, we are more alike in many ways! Both of you are taller than I, but I also am selling my Busa for the same reason. Oh, and I also absolutely love my Warrior. Treating it to a phat azz this winter![/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]

·
Registered
111 Posts
quote:Originally posted by fastmvr

I could not keep from doing really insane blasts down the highway. I can honestly say that I never got on that bike when I didn't do at least 100.

The warrior is good for that too, welcome and congrats on the new bike

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
fastmvr,

to the forums! Officially that is...

You made the right choice...I too looked at many a bike before I finally decided that the Warrior was the bike for me. Like you, once I test rode one I knew it was for me...

And of course the best part is that the Warrior is so versatile...She can be cruiser...A touring...A sport bike...Or an all out beast...It's all how you make her...

Best of luck!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome... Good luck with not doing "insane blasts" on the warrior [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
It is a bit easier to resist the urge for insane blasts on the warrior, but the stop light to stop light is a blast. Love that torque.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts