RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ive been lurking on this site for awhile and finally bought a warrior, I love it ... seems like theres lots of good info here and the search button seems to work well....

BTW im from pittsburgh,pa

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
Welcome to the best warrior forum anywhere. Members here know more about the warrior than some of the dealers do.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
welcome to the forum...glad to have another western pa...I live near 7 Springs..look s like a bike I saw not too long ago...did you get it in uniontown??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its from millers yamaha in uniontown, I traded in my 05 FJR1300 for it, I took it for a nice 110 mile ride today and I LOVE IT, its the most fun I have had on two wheels.

·
Registered
881 Posts
That looks like an '06, just like my friend Luc's. Great looking bike!

Time to start flexing your wallet's muscles - I see a fender that needs a haircut and an airbox that needs a diet! YEAH BABY, YEAH!! (sorry, watching Austin Powers right now)

·
Registered
568 Posts
sml-2727 said:
Yes its from millers yamaha in uniontown, I traded in my 05 FJR1300 for it, I took it for a nice 110 mile ride today and I LOVE IT, its the most fun I have had on two wheels.
Wow, I rode mine home about 100 miles in its stock form and I was in agony. I've made some ergonomic mods to it and its pretty decent now for several hours of backroad riding. I still wouldn't want to ride it more than 50 miles or so on the highway though. I'm curious why you found the FJR less fun?

Go Pens!

P.S. Can you believe last night's game...Rangers tied up with eight seconds left...arrrrrrgh!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Welcome & enjoy!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The FJR is a good bike, but it has its negatives to, the earlier models 03-05 had a problem with heat pouring onto your leg,I ignored what people said and it was true, the left side cooked your leg, another negative was when you get under a half a tank of gas the tank would be super hot so therefore your legs were getting toasted, not fun on a 90 degree day.

Its also a quit bike you dont hear anything and it gets a little boring, the sound of a vtwin with pipes is awsome.

Touring on the bike was pretty good but like all stock seats your ass will be screaming after 60-80 miles depending on your pain threshold, also my legs got cramped up after long rides. One of the big reason I got the fjr was for 2 up riding well if you plan on doing this DONT buy a FJR the passenger will see nothing but the back of your head and if there tall you will have a tough time with it.

Some things I will miss though is the storage and the ability to go 240 miles with out filling up.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
I got a 2007 FJR for the same reason. I have made a few changes to it and am starting to get really comfortable on it. I think a new seat is in my future. I used some memory foam on the seat and that made it a lot easier. I put it under the cover, seems to do fine. My wife loves riding on the back of the FJR.

The Warrior is MINE. I love it and will not get rid of it, it has much more personality than the FJR, like you said the FJR does not make any sounds when riding, but **** it hauls the mail in a way the warrior cannot come near. Better brakes too, but the Warrior with V&H Bigshots just sounds too awesome.

You will love the warrior more and more everyday, be careful and welcome to the 4m.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah the no noise think can scare you at times when you look down and your doing 120....lol fastest I had it up to was 135 and it wanted more.

My main reason for getting the warrior is you can really make it your own with all the mods for it.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
You got it, no Warrior looks the same and we all have talked about how we enjoy the line, "What's that!" I say, "Mine!"

The Warrior absolutely is my favorite bike I have ever had.

Old rat Honda 350 back in the mid 70's

Yamaha 400 Enduro

Norton Commando 850 (awesome bike)

Yamaha 1100 XS Special

Warrior

FJR (I am really starting to enjoy this bike, butno personality like the warrior)

Be careful but run that bad boy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts