RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my New (to me) 03 out for a shakedown ride. It's pretty much stock with about 5k kilometers (BTW, does anyone know how to change to miles--haven't searched it yet, so feel free to ignore. . .) OH MY GOD! I've been riding a 650 vstar, and again--OH MY GOD. 80 when you hit fourth, without even winding her. Did I say ohmygod? Just wondering what it will take to get the front wheel up.

I can see what folks on the seat topics are talking about--what's with the hump right up your butt crack? I think the seat will be the first thing to go. Then maybe some pull-back bars or risers, and maybe some forward pegs, and pipes. WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO??? Don't know, but can't get the smile off my face, so I'm grabbing grips and hanging on!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
the fever only gets worse. there is no cure, the only treatment is lots of cash
welcome

·
Registered
776 Posts
welcome 2 d WARRIOR craziness- i think u need to press down the 2 bottons together for a few minutes and it'll change to miles - good luck

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
That's got to be a real kick after a 650 Vstar. As for the seat, try changing up your seating position a little. I find if I'm not pushing myself back into the seat all the time my tail bone doesn't go numb and it's not all that bad. If I hang my feet over the pegs and squeeze my legs together hard (insert joke here) enough to lift my butt out of the saddle a bit, it really helps. Sounds goofy I know but it gets me through multiple long day rides.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good luck on your warrior purchase. I just recently got a bike after 30 years. My first bike was a Yami 650. I too have made the 1000cc jump.

·
Registered
776 Posts
found out how to change km to miles on the odometer - just press the select botton (botton on your left) for about 2-3 seconds and it'll do it. good luck

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
12000 + Members...

Good Lord!

I'm like 4300 or something.. we've TRIPLED in three years... WOW.

Anywho..

Welcome to the MODness.. and trust me, it IS a true sickness.. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

1 - 20 of 24 Posts