RS Warrior Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't gone through this whole thread, so this already may be covered. I just changed the oil in my 'new' (to me) '02 Warrior. I added the oil as directed (I do have the manual), and after 5 qts, it still doesn't make it up to the dipstick. At all. I'm afraid to add too much more, but it looks like it could take another 1/2 qt. The quantity with filter was supposed to be 4.3. What am I missing?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I haven't gone through this whole thread, so this already may be covered. I just changed the oil in my 'new' (to me) '02 Warrior. I added the oil as directed (I do have the manual), and after 5 qts, it still doesn't make it up to the dipstick. At all. I'm afraid to add too much more, but it looks like it could take another 1/2 qt. The quantity with filter was supposed to be 4.3. What am I missing?
ride it for 10 min then check

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for rehashing all of this guys. I had changed the oil and didn't understand why the quantity wasn't coming up. I was worried about taking it on the road without enough oil. The last thing I wanted to do was burn up the motor.

I had planned to ride first thing this morning, and freaked and posted before going through the whole thread.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I keep a rag under my seat so I can pull off the road and go through the procedure, usually on my way home from my 60 mile commute, too bad there's not a cold line on the dipstick!

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
We should try and get these pictures re posted. Maybe the op can edit them and upload them or someone else has them and a moderator can edit them.

·
Administrator
28,533 Posts
Darkside, you can edit your first post using Go Advanced then delete the broken url's and then upload the original pics using Manage Attachments. This puts the images in as attachments. Save it then open in Go Advanced again. Then right click each pic and copy its forum URL and paste it into the post where the old broken URL was positioned.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Darkside, you can edit your first post using Go Advanced then delete the broken url's and then upload the original pics using Manage Attachments. This puts the images in as attachments. Save it then open in Go Advanced again. Then right click each pic and copy its forum URL and paste it into the post where the old broken URL was positioned.
Ouch! My brain!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Just a clarification, this is Redbullssg (Stan), not See... Still can't get in.

Anyway, been a while since I've done an oil change on the bike, it's been in storage for a few years. I changed it before I stored it, so the oil looked great still, but, did it anyway. Like I said, it's been a while, so had to try to remember the ropes. I rode it for a bit, let idle for 30 seconds or so, but the rest was a fog, lmao guess I'm getting old. I drained the front plug, and the filter. Went to drain the rear plug and was trying to remember, for some reason, I didn't remember changing socket sizes for the rear, but I removed the oil tank lower tube plug (10mm) and soon as I did, I was like, that's not right. Nothing came out, but just a trickle. Anyway, move to the correct one, drained the rest..

Now, I could kinda remeber it was under 5 quarts, because I'd always have some left over, and put it on the shelf for next change. But after filling with 4.5, then running for a while, and checking the level again, it didn't even touch the bottom of the dipstick. Looking down inside, it was really low looking.. I could, I am pretty sure, put another quart in there before it would be half way on the dipstick. But, I knew 5 quarts is not right....

Came to my trust forum, missing this place... Anyway, now I'm sure I was right after reading through, but do not understand why it's not showing on the stick right. I'll ride it and check again, but I do not ever remeber dojng that before. I'm wondering if by pulling the 10mm plug, it released a vacuum and more drained out the rear than normal... Guess I'll find out when ride it and recheck.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts