RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 RS Warrior 1700 Midnight
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I post. Been working 70hr weeks for months. Well, I have plenty of time now but decommissioned for the next few months. So March 31, 2022, 12:30am a NYC Bus made a turn in front of me as I was approaching the intersection. I guess I wasn’t seen, I was heading forward, green light, I had the right of way 🤷‍♂️. Bus blocked off all lanes, I had nowhere to turn. Slowed down as much as possible but impact was inevitable. At the last second I cut left sliding the rear tire making impact with my shoulder instead of hitting head on and catapulting. It was like a wall slowly moving in front of me as I got closer. Thank God for riding gear. Helmet was smashed, boots had rash but mostly intact, work pants were torn. Suffered a concussion, chest, ribs, head, right leg, back & neck of course with major pain, massively bruised all over, ankle & foot got the worst of it. 22 stitches almost from ankle to ankle across my heel, 2 fractures & a torn ligament. Still can’t walk but I’m alive 🤙🏻 As for my warrior she was totaled. Good thing I picked up a Raider back in Feb. Thinking of picking up a replacement Warrior, such an awesome bike. I’m trying to decide between a badger style Roadliner/Stratoliner or another Warrior. Not sure what I’ll go with, I have goodies for the warrior which I planned on installing when the weather got better but things have changed. I have a set of OEM wheels (5 spokes with polished lips), chrome swing arm for 240-260 conversion (wheels & swing arm have never been installed), lowering spring with links, integrated tail light, speed star covers I believe 🤔. I’ll list list all I have, plenty of things in boxes. Any interest DONT hesitate to message me. Ride safe everyone ✌🏻

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,962 Posts
That’s terrible news! Thankfully, you’re able to tell us yourself. Much better than a random obit. Heal up!

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll never sell my Warrior, but if I were getting some insurance money, I don’t know that I’d buy another given the parts problem. Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
2006 Warrior, blue with flames.
179 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok for the most part... could have been way worse. If you haven't decided yet, I'd buy the wrecked bike back from insurance for pennies on the dollar. And either strip it and sell the parts and with that $ and the insurance check find another. Or don't sell off parts, use insurance to buy another clean stocker and then use as many of your old parts as possible fixing it up THEN sell off the rest. Basically everything BUT the frame is "sellable" (frame is too, but VIN will show totaled on a VIN check).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts