RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got the bike and havent been able to ride for a few days and decided to play around with the PCIII today. I checked out the map and loaded a few and zeroed the throttle then I got to nosing around the firmware versions. I had the bike running and tried to upload the firmware and the bike died and I got a device error code on the PCIII. No prob, it prolly needs the 9v power supply hooked up to do that, I say to myself. So I rob a 9v outta the house somewhere and plug it in. Two green lights light up on the PCIII and I think I am back in business...hit upload firmware button and bang...lights go out and I get an error code. Now bike wont start...laptop sees the powercommander but will not communicate...and I can not reset it using software. My last hope is that my two batteries I tried just didnt have the juice. I read that a PC3 will zap the 9v in about 20 min, so i figure my two 9v I had(one from my alarm clock and one from my gas grill)where already below the threshold of usefullness to the PC3....I hope. BTW my second bat I tried read 8.65v I think.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I guess I will call dynojet tommorow but I imagine I bricked it and will have to send it in. What is a acceptable ecubump for a churchkey, ais delete and v&h big shots?

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
Call dynojet they can tell you how to zero a PC3 manually, making it not work even though its connected. Its like loading the zero map, but for times like this you can't load a map. If the PC3 will zero then your bike will start.

From the Dynojet website:

"Having problems with your Power Commander unit, can't install it correctly, have technical questions regarding the Power Commander unit? Please follow the link by clicking on the icon on the left or call the number:1-800-992-4993"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts