RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3" staggered and find they are much too loud. **** people don't want to ride behind me; I'm always pulling up the rear. Anyone care to comment on the Big shots or another solution that might be a little more conservative. I've called HK twice, once about a month ago and they told me an add on baffle will be available in thirty days; I called today and was told forty five days (read, anyone's guess).

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
get a big ole supple of earplugs and hand them out when you ride, this will help to keep the ringing down with no performance loss. Have same prob with my reinharts, fortunatly most the guys i ride with are harleys, and they are back in the dust trying to keep up.

·
Registered
522 Posts
There was a post a week or so ago from a guy who modified his baffles to make them quieter. Involved putting some expanded metal tubes inside the stock baffles. He was happy with the results. Try a search.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey proceedbob, VR-4man was referring to my post a couple of weeks ago. I did the calls to Hardkrome, they told mr 3 weeks last Christmas, they are full of it. When I kept bugging them they admitted it was low priority, and not sure if they would ever get to it. I really didnt like the sound, I didnt like yelling when the bike was idling so what I did, I too the exsisting Hardkrome baffles, measured the inside diamater, got a small piece of expanded steel and rolled it around a piece of wooden dowel, till it is a nice long cylnder shape(length of the baffle). Before you weld it take another piece of the expanded steel and position it lengthways. When its all lined up weld it together. When both inserts are completed, position them inside the baffle and tac weld them in, re-install the baffle. It was the difference of me nearly selling the pipes, to now I really like it. It sounds verrrry tough, but not loud enough that to offend anyone. I can actually carry on a normal conversation even when we r moving..just what I wanted. If u PM me you e-mail I will send u a couple of pics on what the inserts look like. Some further advise, dont waste your time calling Hardkrome, they are a bunch of liars...especially Bianca...well really only her, and I hope theyve bounced her lying ass outa there. They had my pipes in on warranty, she told me the were shipped after the 2nd week. They lost them...6 weeks later (about) they found my pipes, nothing had been done to them . The manager Steve was OK but boy they have some real problems. Anyway I wont rant. Good luck

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Well after getting ming back befor the chrome flacked off I found the pipes were quieter and had a different sound. Hard Krome has some different baffles that will change the sound.
I was religated to the back of the pack as well then was let back up front after the new baffles. To bad I am getting the Big Shots Friday, I quess I will be in the back again. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey 7t1650yam:

Did you have to do some adjusting to your ECU to compensate for the DYI baffles?

I'm considering aftermarket pipes too, but I'm looking for something somewhere in between stock noise level and eardrum shattering aftermarket levels. Neighbors, wife, you know.

What's up with that screen name anyway?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey VR, Im using the TFI unit , I put on the same time I did the baffles, so Im not too sure what difference it made. I know it would have caused more back pressure, so it might take some fiddling, but not much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts