RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the bike out for a spin last weekend and went to the new grand opening of a Harley dealership in NH, the new Laconia Harley. When I pulled up I parked right next to a guy leaning on his Street Glide 96ci. I get off and he says, "Thats a Yamaha?" with a real sarcastic, demeaning look on his face. I say "yeah, thats a Harley?" and he goes, "yeah a man's bike". I go, "wanna see this Yamaha smoke that man's bike? He starts up his obnoxiously loud hog and we leave the parking lot and pull up to a stop light right by the dealership. We both pop the clutch and race to the next light a little under 1/4 a mile away. I take him by about a length and a half, maybe two. He goes, "thats a fast yamaha" and I say, "Yeah and its stock too except for the pipes, what about yours?" He ended up having about 2k in the motor from cams to exhaust and some other crap Im sure. Hopefully this guy has a little more respect for our name now.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
good work, good story. I can't believe somebody would be dumb enough to sayHarley is a mans bike. I'd have started laughing. What brand of MC do you see the most women riding?

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Oh boy, I'm gonna have to grow a THICK skin to hang around here if I buy the next bike I think I'm gonna buy.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Shag said:
Oh boy, I'm gonna have to grow a THICK skin to hang around here if I buy the next bike I think I'm gonna buy.

pfft... buy whatever turns you on. The only people I see having these problems and needing the thick skin are the ones with the attitudes and big mouths like that guyfor the most part. Sure, there is always going to be the friendly jabs but as long as your ride makes you happy I'm happy for you. So tell us, what hunk of Harley crap are you considering stinkin' up the joint with??

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Marco Polo said:
Shag said:

pfft... buy whatever turns you on. The only people I see having these problems and needing the thick skin are the ones with the attitudes and big mouths like that guyfor the most part. Sure, there is always going to be the friendly jabs but as long as your ride makes you happy I'm happy for you. So tell us, what hunk of Harley crap are you considering stinkin' up the joint with??

2009 Street Bob.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Lemme guess he had the Harley shirt,bandana,boots,belt and other lame azz crap.Got a couple guys like that at my work,one guy is all whoop that an eagle mural on the front of his bike is the cats meow! That's a new one .

·
Registered
345 Posts
You have to admit that HD had a great advertising agency to save the company.I do like HDs due to nostalga and hanging onto the looks.

Now to buy into a HD MC just for the name is simply crazy. I guess supply and demand may have something to do with the prices though and people are just dying to buy into the HD style (leathers, bandanas, studded bags).Its like Halloween for suit and tie guys to don blue jean jackets, skull caps and sunglasses.

I probably would too but its just way too expensive for me to buy my way into a group like that. I find only half of the HD riders wave back when passing.

I also feel that you can buy a much better bike and relibility for less money. .. but if you have to have an HD crest or "My other car is a Harley" sticker on your mini-van or high MPG import, go for it.

Do I sound that bitter?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

2009 Street Bob.

Starting @12,999

(title, taxes, motor, wheels and bars extra)

included is a 10% off coupon for H/D underwear, socks, cologne, condoms and unlimited rides on a pick-up truck

J/K, enjoy it Shag, I'm thinking of picking up a fully dressed Road King myself for the long runs ( of course I'm also looking at the GoldWing)

·
Registered
926 Posts
badass01ram said:
Lemme guess he had the Harley shirt,bandana,boots,belt and other lame azz crap.Got a couple guys like that at my work,one guy is all whoop that an eagle mural on the front of his bike is the cats meow! That's a new one .
You forgot the vest..gotta buy the HD vest. Most of the Harley guys are pretty cool around here (attitude wise). They have no problem giving my warrior compliments. I try to be polite and return the compliment but the words have to be forced out of my mouth. I need to take a class in "Insincere Harley complimenting 101". No offense to anyone, just my personal taste.

·
Registered
845 Posts
hey shag my brotherhas a 06 street bob and he loves it, he is busy trying to add some extras but it is expensive but anymore it is for any bike. I own a 02 warrrior and i love my bike, i do like some of the harleys too but sometimes i think they are a little over rated but thats just my opinion. the way I see it is you have to ride what you like and enjoy it too, and most people that enjoy riding wont really care what you ride as long as your riding, but dont be afraid to try out a warrior atleast for a test ride it might surprise you.

And not to put down my bro's bike but my warrior can out run his harley but we just love to go out and ride anychance we get so its all good.

Good luck with the adventure in the search for your bike.

freerider8

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
freerider8 said:
hey shag my brotherhas a 06 street bob and he loves it, he is busy trying to add some extras but it is expensive but anymore it is for any bike. I own a 02 warrrior and i love my bike, i do like some of the harleys too but sometimes i think they are a little over rated but thats just my opinion. the way I see it is you have to ride what you like and enjoy it too, and most people that enjoy riding wont really care what you ride as long as your riding, but dont be afraid to try out a warrior atleast for a test ride it might surprise you.

And not to put down my bro's bike but my warrior can out run his harley but we just love to go out and ride anychance we get so its all good.

Good luck with the adventure in the search for your bike.

freerider8
You're a little late to the thread.
I used to own a '05 Midnight Warrior. Loved the bike and rode the %^&* out of it. Wound up trading it in on two ATVs for my kids and got a GSX-R 750. Just sold the GSX-R last week with about 10,500 miles on it and picked up an '09 Street Bob back in late October. I have a little over 2200 miles on it so far. A stock Warrior will outrun and outhandle it, but it's not a complete slouch. It's very very comfortable to ride and sounds and looks great (in my opinion). I'm happy with the decision I made. I plan on slowly adding to the bike. So far I've replaced the intake and exhaust and seat and put highway pegs on it. Next up will be to beef up the suspension a little. There certainly is no shortage of aftermarket parts for the bike, that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
i parked my bike up on the sidewalk at wal-mart and this guy comes up and starts going off telling me i have the coolest harley he has ever seen. started asking me how i got the cool front end and brakes. he went on and on. then he asked what year my softail was. i told him it was a yamaha. he looked right at me and said yamaha`s suck and walked off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts