RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble figuring out why I cannot get the throttle bodies synch'd. I have done it in the past and use a home made manometer (from this web site).

Symptom, I start the bike after getting everything set up right, and the one side will just keep pulling. I have to shut the bike down to keep the fluid in the main tubes of the manometer. I have vacuum at both ports and there does not appear to be any leaks in either of the lines

I have to assume I am doing something 'dumb' (you all have seen that from me before) but cant figure it out.

Another thing I have seen is the idle comes up nice when warming the bike and goes to 950 (my setting), but after a few minutes of riding, the idle has climbed to 1050-1100.

2005, Big Shots, BAK (DIY), PCIII, Iridium plugs, AIS blockoff, K&N Filters mounted directly to the throttle bodies

Any suggestions on what I seem to be missing, would be appreciated. If you need more detail, let me know...

Thanks guys.....

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Howdy Scoot!

Make any progress yet?

I did mine last summer. I to used the DIY manometer from this site. Personally I'd go back and reread the instructions on the "how too's" cause it seems to me (and I believe this is in our service manual as well) that we are supposed to adjust from only one side and I forget which one off the top of my head.(You probably knew that already?) AH!! page 3-15-16 in the service guide it is.

But, thats not the problem, you can't even get started due to the SUCK from one side....so either your not getting ANY suck from one side, or the side the is sucking is sucking so hard that the other can't join in. Whereas it was running fine after the last time you did this, my guess is a hose disconnected somewhere. Put everything back to normal, start the bike and see if it idles and runs ok. If you still have the idle problem. Get that addressed 1st before going back to the manometer job.

Thought?? whereas the idle shoots up as you mentioned is it possible you disconnected a wrong line for your mamometer hookup?

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it seems I checked everything but I will certainly look again. Thats why I added the symptom of the idling since it seemed related.

Thanks for chiming in....I will report my progress so others may benefit (when I win, that is)

·
Registered
492 Posts
i use a carbtune... so no worries about sucking anything... and you can rev up if you want to verify or syncronize also at higher rpm...

but maybe what you need is dampers on the hoses that you are using to avoid it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts