RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ended my metzler tire. I need a new front and cant find the same size tire in Avon. Any pros out that that wont tell me to search untill my eyes stop bleeding? Just spent the last hour searching and very much need to order tonight. I will email someone a picture of a cookie for any help [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. Just need a link to buy a good tire. I'd like to go Avon

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
You can buy the Storms in the stock size.Been running them for a couple thousand miles and not the least bit dissapointed,I will never run Metz's again.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why do you want AVON?? I upgraded to the Dunlops after the stock tires burned off and have no problems with them. They handle great in the corners, no high speed wobble like the Metzlers and the life is decent at just over 3200 on the rear and 5600 on the front, and that's riding hard, very hard. I have used a lot of tires over the years and I would go with Dunlop on every bike I own. Good luck with your search...

·
Registered
850 Posts
quote:Originally posted by badass01ram

You can buy the Storms in the stock size.Been running them for a couple thousand miles and not the least bit dissapointed,I will never run Metz's again.

why wont you run metzler again?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank y'all very much. Ordering right now. brb03, the only prob I had with metz, it's so soft and sticky it dont last. Bad milage. I tell you tho in that old movie Tron, I'd bet Metz ran those bikes

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have 62k on my Warrior and I've tried about every type tire made. The best so far is the Michelin. I dropped down a size to a pilot road 190. I have 7k on it now and I believe I have a couple k left on it. Plus Michelin just came out with new double compound tire(pilot road 2), they claim to have the same compound on the sides as the motogp runs with a stiffer center for better milage. My next set of tires!! Example of my riding, the dunlops only lasted 3.5k, I did get 5k out of the Avons. About 4k from the Metzs, on and on. I don't exactly love the French, but I do like their tires...

·
Registered
242 Posts
i just got a new tire for the front, it's continental road attack 120/70 ZR/18 lots of good info on this tire, i have new pic's of this tire, im still running car tire in back,

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Warrior-Dragracing978

Why do you want AVON?? I upgraded to the Dunlops after the stock tires burned off and have no problems with them. They handle great in the corners, no high speed wobble like the Metzlers and the life is decent at just over 3200 on the rear and 5600 on the front, and that's riding hard, very hard. I have used a lot of tires over the years and I would go with Dunlop on every bike I own. Good luck with your search...

The Avons are a Top performing tire....significantly better than the Dunlop D220, especially in the twisties. I too, loved my Dunlops till I rode on the Avon's. The only front tire I run is a Metzeler Z6. No high speed wobble with that Metz. I currently am running a Avon Venom 250R on the rear and it handles like a dream out of the lot of big tires available for the Warrior. Yes, I mix and match tires....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts