RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to comment on this site and say it is soooo informative that it is making my head spin. It also makes me realize that I need to get a second job for all the mods and upgrades I need to purchase.

I just purchased a 2004 Warrior this morning in Cleveland Ohio and was hoping I could get it home today. I wasn't going to ride it obviously because of the weather here but at least I could have glared at it like a trophy. Unfortunately the weather here has been really harsh with over 10" of snow throughout the day.

Anyway It seems like there are a ton of knowledgeable and polite people here that I look forward to interacting with. Hopefully this can be a home to me like it is to alot of you.

The people at the dealership I bought the Warrior from referred me to this site and I'm really glad they did. Looking forward to taking my beast out for a trial run anyday now. Praying for sun in the Northeast.

Cheers!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Welcome faustus. We have been SO fortunate that Sean took it upon himself to create this great web presence. You will have a bunch of fun here, I'm guessing!

As for your dealership even knowing about this site, good for them! The dealers in the metro-Atlanta area (which I forage around in) are totally clueless. They can't even sell the Warrior at even close to MSRP. I saw one yesterday at the Lawrenceville Honda/Yamaha that just sold; a 2002 that was discounted on the floor by $2,000. No doubt, the purchaser paid even less.

Again, welcome.

PS

Yes, I AM a verbose son of a gun. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought mine at Northshore Yamaha and they were great guys. I must have checked 20 - 25 dealers for the past week but I knew I was after the Silver and Flame paint scheme. I was surprised that there weren't really too many dealers that had this bike in that color. I found the indigo everywhere but had a hard time with the silver. Just waiting on the delivery now. I am sooo excited. I wanted this bike since 2002 but my wife told me if I wanted the bike NO FINANCING. I am glad it worked out that way actually. I still consider myself new to riding in a way. I took the Basic Rider Course in Ohio 2 years ago and have rode 2 seasons on a Suzuki 650 so it was time to get the bike I wanted finally. I'm 6'3 and about 220lbs. I feel like a circus clown on that 650. Now my wife wants to learn so it will be a good learning bike for her.
I am sure I will have a ton of questions for the experts in the forums here.
Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Faustus;
Welcome to the family. You will see in the coming months, you'll be on here more and more. Especially with a new ride to work on. There is a ton of info on here for that when your ready. There are guys on here that, I feel, are like my brothers and I haven't even meet them yet. Great community!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Welcome to the house of fun, I now have a serious addiction problem going on with this site: I just don't get time to work anymore.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
You have found the right place! I got my silver flame '04 one month ago, and found out about this site when I saw another warrior on a ride. I'm addicted, and it is definitely cutting into my work life! I just keep coming back for more, and more, and more... The information is endless, and the people are great. Best internet site I've seen.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You made the right choice, silver is the best stock color!
You'll find there's a bunch of us in this area (PA/OH).
Enjoy the bike, and I'm sure we'll be hearing from you.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I look forward to riding with some of you...
I look forward to getting my bike too if this snow stops! I don't want them to deliver it till it's dry and without the extra salt.
Two years of saving for this bike and the day I buy it we get 10" of snow. Go figure!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Congrats and Welcome, Faustus. It will be nice to have another Warrior in the neighborhood. Don't worry the snow should eventually melt, I think. ****, less than two weeks ago I was out riding in a t-shirt. Now we're buried again. Gotta love those Cleveland winters.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Welcome !!! Look how you can transform your Warrior. By the way this is not my bike, is only for the pleasant of the looks.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! !

And you know what's the best part? We all started out not knowing too much about the Warrior. All together we have come up with know how and tips that go far beyond your service manual and mods that blow your mind.

Have fun!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Frank'n I look forward to learning as much as I can. I already see a ton of stuff I would like to do but need to learn how to first. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

This site is AWESOME!

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Yeah Faustus, the site is very informative, some fun, and can prove dangerous to the wallet. Well, even if you get carried away, you will be way ahead dollar wise, and most every other way from the Harley heard.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the welcome everone. Received my Warrior this afternoon and rode for a little over a hour just to break it and myself in and get use to it. PURELY AWESOME! There have been some really helpful people on this site already so a thanks is in order. I have already met some people from my area who I hope to be riding with soon.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Welcome Faustus.........I found my Warrior and this site a little over a year ago and have been adicted to both ever since! The wealth of info and knowledge available to you out here is immense and growing all the time. Many people out here have assisted myself and my bike in more ways then they will ever know, from the folks that maintain and manage this site, to the Warrior visionaries that continue to take mods and enhancements to new levels, to the honest and genuine compassion and concern of the members. Hope you get as much as I have, if not more, out of this site. And welcome to the family.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts