RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how many are keeping their Warrior bone stock.I mean keeping all the warning and info. stickers,reflectors and hard parts.Personally I like my bike even more after each mod.I am into factory stock muscle cars and as many of you know genuine untouched classic car prices are through the roof.Stock vintage bikes are the same way.In twenty or so years will stock Warrior specimens be valued highly?

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
You will probably find that only the bran - new warriors have no mods of any kind. When I first bought mine, I thought I ain't changing nothing. But then I found rswarrior.com . I started looking at the other bikes, and how sweet they looked. Next thing I knew I was in the planning mode. Now several mods are complete. Two are in progress right now. And several are in planning. This site has a way of changing things.

Ride safe

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
you'd have to have two warriors cause i cant see how you could have one of these bikes and NOT mod it. go get one from the dfealer still in a crate, stick in the corner and forget about it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
quote:Originally posted by audio77

you'd have to have two warriors cause i cant see how you could have one of these bikes and NOT mod it. go get one from the dfealer still in a crate, stick in the corner and forget about it.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaha!
It will sit in that box... calling your name, taunting you... like the 'telltale heart'.
riiiiiiiiide me!
Looooooove me!
Mod meeeeeeeeeee!

You'll end up a drooling madman inside the first warm season.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I had my '05 for about a week until the mudflap came off. But other than the side mount plate and a soon to be reworked exhaust can she will be staying stock.

Well, come to think about it, the 108 pistons would be nice. And the PC III, oh yeah, and that 280 tire kit. And since all that would be nice, you might as well have that Magna-charger as well...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
On the serious side, I do not feel a vintage stock Yamaha will gain value as much as a vintage stock Harley. There are plenty of Harley collectors out there looking for those vintage bikes. I'm not too sure there are any Yamaha collectors out there. Although, the japanese cruiser has come a long way, that might be changing through the years and you 'might' find someone looking for a 20 year old stock Warrior willing to pay anything for it. Only time will tell. Let us know in 20 years what happens.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I got my 02 factor stock with almost all the Yami billet, Bub Chambermaids, solo seat, and a dead battery. I know it was "factory" as I got the MSO and had to get it changed for title work. Might have helped that I used to work for Yami MFG and this was the lobby show bike for 2 years. No longer "stock" as I plan on riding the beast and enjoying it. Not changing anything would be a Harley thing as they trailer them everywhere anyway.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I have my 2nd 2002 Indigo Warrior bone stock with stickers and all. I kept it bone stock on purpose.

It's for sale with less than 2,000 miles on it. Just as if it just came off the dealership floor room. Broken in and recall complete. It's just been sitting in the garage with the bike cover on. I don't dare ride it anymore, as I don't want the odo to go over the 2,000 mile mark. Bike is no longer needed as my brother & father have their own brand new bikes.

I modded my first Warrior within 20 minutes of owning it.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yup, no can do the no mod thing. Got an 05' rode it home 5 miles....off came the emblems,stickers,reflectors.....I know not huge nods but not "bone" stocker anymore........and winters here sooo..........

·
Registered
755 Posts
just got mine in December. I've ridden it once. I plan on doing corbin rumble seat and thinking about Muzzy two into one or Speed* exhaust or V&H propipe.

****, I thought about the entire speed* package but I don't think im ready for all that yet.

I'll probably ride it a bit more before I do any real changes but changes will be made.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine is still stock. Only had it three weeks and 300 miles. I'm waiting for someone to make a black exhaust system (Midnight Warrior) so I can do all 3 mods (Exhaust, PCIII, and intake)at the same time. It may be awhile before any mods go on.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Greengoose, if you find a black exhaust PM me. I've been looking around for one too. I don't want to spend good money on a chrome set-up just to have it come in and spend more money to get it powdercoated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
quote:Originally posted by drumz611

Greengoose, if you find a black exhaust PM me. I've been looking around for one too. I don't want to spend good money on a chrome set-up just to have it come in and spend more money to get it powdercoated.

At www.holeshot.com then click on warrior, under the "Exhaust" you will see a preview for their Holeshot Header. I dont know when its supposed to be out or what its performance or sound will be like. I just seen it as a possible Black exhaust replacement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts