RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing a warrior and have been reading a lot of reviews. However, most of the reviews seem to be few year or more old. Have there been any major changes-power, handling, ect. over the years that I need to know about. I ask because I don't know if I want to buy new or used.

thanks.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
All years are virtually identical with the exception of colors, seat and foot pegs. Both seat and pegs have been slightly modified for 04 and beyond.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It doesn't matter what year you get, you will be happy with it, although if you can find a left over 06 you can probably get it out the door for less tha 10 grand.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The big thing most people consider between used and new is if you want someone else's mods, or pay for your own. I bought used AND stock to make the bike my own. Another thing is the recall for 02-03. If you find one that hasn't been done you can get a ton of work done for the cost of parts. The flip side is if the work has been done there is a good chance it has internal power goodies like HC pistons.

·
Registered
719 Posts
They did change the front brakes, and forks in 06. The tranny recall in 02, most guys look at that as a gift. They get to have major mods to the motor done for little extra labor, with the recall. But mostly pick the bike you like for yourself and enjoy it. Good luck and take pics wyhen you get it.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Jon_Cocktoastel

06 Cobalt was a slightly faster version but other than that, they are vitually identical
I thought that was true but I was just waiting for conformation![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Tran901, the recall was for 02-03 transmissions. As for staying away if it the recall hasn't been done... To the members of this forum that is sort of like finding a diamond in a barrel of gravel. If you get the recall work done, you can have performance engine mods like HC pistons installed for the cost of the parts (free labor). Or you can just get the recall work done and be on your way. Either way it shouldn't affect your decision.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I was given to understand there were ergo changes for the '04 model, wheel and brake changes for '06+ --- am I off base here?

JT

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jaytee

I was given to understand there were ergo changes for the '04 model, wheel and brake changes for '06+ --- am I off base here?

JT

JT, you are correct, however, those changes can hardly be described as major, as the subject states.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ray, I agree those changes arent major, but in lieu of any major changes figured the OP would like to know what teensy tinesy changes there were! /emoticons/emotion-4.gif

JT

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jaytee

Ray, I agree those changes arent major, but in lieu of any major changes figured the OP would like to know what teensy tinesy changes there were! /emoticons/emotion-4.gif

JT

Good point. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Ross

It's true...I have the 06 cobalt also...verrry fast!!!

Yes the 06 was a good year but the red with the racing stripes was even faster!!!! Hahaha!!![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts