RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
The bike should start just fine without it. Unless you have a malfunctioning LCV or have it deleted like me. In that case it just takes a few minutes of holding the throttle.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,710 Posts
With it being a “semi-wet” sump (or whatever it’s called), your oil temp shouldn’t be a huge issue just because it’s cold. You’ll want it to get up to operating temperature before letting her have it but otherwise, you’ll be fine.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Doubt that there would be much benefit to warming the crankcase there is a minimum amount of oil in it, the Warrior has a dry sump oiling system the oil tank is behind the right-side cover / under the seat.

• Helpful
Reactions: random_guy

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
The coldest temps I rode mine in was 17 degrees. The bike started just fine. My fingers however, did not deal with the cold near as well as the motor did. ;)

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
The coldest temps I rode mine in was 17 degrees. The bike started just fine. My fingers however, did not deal with the cold near as well as the motor did. ;)
From a guy that rode in Chicago winters when the streets were dry: Suggest nitrile gloves under your gauntlet gloves.

Reactions: arizonawarrior

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
From a guy that rode in Chicago winters when the streets were dry: Suggest nitrile gloves under your gauntlet gloves.
I tried those and they didn't really work well for me. Now I have heated gloves and those work like a champ! :)

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,910 Posts
Nitrile under-gloves when it's cold but dry work for me too. I bought snowmobile gloves years ago. They are a little clunky and took time to break-in. But they absolutely have done well even in the Rockies and High Sierra. Living at Mount Hood proved their worth to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts